Cable Modem disconnectios

G

I have just installed a terajet cable modem via a usb port.
The installwent ok but now I am getting disconnects after being online for 2-9 minutes.As soon as I restart I can reconnect to the internet without fail.I just do,nt know where to start looking.I have a Mesh pc with an athlon 900 processer and a asus a7v motherboard.OP system is windows me,I would be gratefull for any help.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I strongly suggest you install a nic card and use it instead of the USB port .. also you might find help in the forums at www.dslreports.com

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's most likely a problem with either the modem or ISP.
Call them.

(BTW, not all modems can use RJ45, lots are just USB. Especially satellite modems)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Is your modem just a straight USB to USB connection, or are you using a Ethernet card with USB on one end and RJ-45 on the ohter? If so you might need to update your drivers for the card. Second I would try re-booting your modem. Unplug it for about 30-60 seconds then plug it back in. It works on RCA modems might on yours.
Good luck

Keybord not found press F5 to continue