In Pictures: 20 Of Our Favorite PC Game Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

jools33

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Apparently only First person shooters are modded - what a tedious list... You guys ever play anything other than shooters?

coconut

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Man, I sure played a lot of Action Quake 2. If it wasn't the inventor of the fps headshot, it came close (it did exist before Counterstrike).

G

What about the first real hard core mod Infiltration with iron sights, and in later versions breathing sway and running motion. Lots of fun. And speaking of the original UT mod's the western themed Badlands was cool as well.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
man this has to be the gayest list of mods i ever seen , aside from GTA every mod is FPSer mods ,wtf ??? what about oblivion , fallout 3 , dragon age , baldur's gate 1 and 2 , mechwarrior 2 and 4, just to name a few games from other genres that saw tons of mods

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
How come all mods are for shooters (except the gta one) ?
Imo the best mod ever made must be Wake of Gods for Heroes of Might and Magic 3. It made the already best game of the series into a much much better game.
It really beats any mod in this list except ctf and cs, and since I don't like fps much, is top on my list.

Wolvan

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
No CoD-Modern Warfare mods eh?

Their are alot of mod packs, and items taken by the developers to use in the craptastic MW2.

A favorite newer mod for Modern Warfare was the Star Wars mod. Map was Tattooni, Empire vs Stormtroopers, blasters of all types etc. Fun stuff.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Where's Painkeep? That was an excellent mod for Quake. The can of beans to help you jump higher when you fart was hilarious. Of course, the farts also gave up your location.

Oh, and the air gun to blast a rocket coming at you back at the shooter? Awesome.

Painkeep was the most played mod by my friends and I. I just don't see how that didn't make this list.

Desert Combat was a brilliant mod, but I'm surprised how many oldies are on here. Every other mod is Quake or HL. How about something more current? Oblivion mods? Fallout 3 mods? STALKER mods?? (STALKER Complete anyone?)

Anyway, interesting look at the past of gaming... I guess that's why they're your favorites... the new stuff is too new to be cool eh? lol

Schizoid

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
You whiners. I understand 99% are FPS based MODs but read the title again...it says "20 Of OUR Favorite PC Game Mods. This is their choice of favs not yours or mine. Instead of complaining why not ask nicely if they will do similarly based articles for RPG's & RTS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.