Unknown Password

mellysp8s

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
My husband installed the Windows 8 Preview and now we can not access our network. We use his computer as pretty much a server and now the other computers cannot access it for the multi media stored there. The password was automatically assigned and we don't know where to find it. It is not the sane as the one for our router. Can anyone help?

Solution
If you can connect to the network using the Win 8 PC, just disconnect it from the network and reconnect it to the Home Network, at that moment it is going to display a page with the new network password (Key) and it will tell you again to make a note of it.
This time make sure to note it down. It is usually a random mixture of capital and small alphabets and numbers.
If you can connect to the network using the Win 8 PC, just disconnect it from the network and reconnect it to the Home Network, at that moment it is going to display a page with the new network password (Key) and it will tell you again to make a note of it.
This time make sure to note it down. It is usually a random mixture of capital and small alphabets and numbers.

Solution

mellysp8s

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Thank you for that. He decided to go back to 7. However when he put in the recovery discs, it failed on disc 2. Now it will not boot into any OS. We have 2 sets of backups, yes, we are anal, and both sets fail on disc 2. My specs are as follows:

MSI 990FXA-GD80, MSI r7770 graphics, 32gb Corsair Vengance quad, 1200w Kingwin Power Supply, 1-3TB Hitachi, 1-1.5 TB Seagate, 2-500gb Seagates, 2-LG Blu Ray writers with the Thermaltake Big 5 water cooling system, all wrapped up in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1.

Screwed all kins of ways now. Have to go back to Vista as my copy of 7 was borrowed and they have moved out of state. Can't afford my own copy right now so Vista, here we go. Damn, I hated Vista.

I would suggest instead of using the recovery disc straight away, if the recovery discs are bootable then format the HDD on wich you had Win 8 first. Fdisk the MBR, that's a DOS command, look it up if necessary and then go ahead and use the recovery discs.