Return Of The King

I was recently given the LOTR return of the king game...
the problem is it wont start.
when i insert the game the autoplay runs the disc but then an error message
appears saying "could not find any compatible Direct3D devices with required
capabilities. Make sure you have the current drivers for your video card" i
have the most current driver for my card since i just literally got if 20
minutes before trying to play the game!
any suggestions are appreciated
--
Thank you
2 answers Last reply

    Sorry Jimmy S
    got my words backwards. i meant to say i have the most recent driver for my
    card because i downloaded it 20 mins before the game...

    so my card has the most recent driver yet the game still has this error
    message.
    any suggestions again are appreciated

    Alright, next step is to see if the error message is valid:
    What type of video card did you just purchase?

    How does it compare to the game's video requirements:
    They require hardware T&L enabled video cards, if yours
    is not, use the special .ini file provided by Intel to be able
    to launch the game:
    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-007910.htm

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "anthony_cook" <ant81(remove this)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A58C9784-0D6F-4B7B-98E1-353CAC5DE4C9@microsoft.com...
    | Sorry Jimmy S
    | got my words backwards. i meant to say i have the most recent driver for my
    | card because i downloaded it 20 mins before the game...
    |
    | so my card has the most recent driver yet the game still has this error
    | message.
    | any suggestions again are appreciated

King Games Video Games