Return Of The King

I was recently given the LOTR return of the king game...
the problem is it wont start.
when i insert the game the autoplay runs the disc but then an error message
appears saying "could not find any compatible Direct3D devices with required
capabilities. Make sure you have the current drivers for your video card" i
have the most current driver for my card since i just literally got if 20
minutes before trying to play the game!
any suggestions are appreciated
--
Thank you

Sorry Jimmy S
got my words backwards. i meant to say i have the most recent driver for my
card because i downloaded it 20 mins before the game...

so my card has the most recent driver yet the game still has this error
message.
any suggestions again are appreciated

Alright, next step is to see if the error message is valid:
What type of video card did you just purchase?

How does it compare to the game's video requirements:
They require hardware T&L enabled video cards, if yours
is not, use the special .ini file provided by Intel to be able
to launch the game:
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-007910.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User