Crash when Mailto exceeds 255 characters

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I click on a "Mailto:" link longer than 255 characters, the app I'm
using crashes. This has occurred in FrontPage 2003 and Outlook Express.

Running Windows XP Pro - SP2.

There is a limitation in Microsoft's libraries. The filename,
including path, cannot exceed 255 characters.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nick" wrote:

> When I click on a "Mailto:" link longer than 255 characters, the app I'm
> using crashes. This has occurred in FrontPage 2003 and Outlook Express.
>
> Running Windows XP Pro - SP2.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The filename does not exceed 255. There are several adressee names following
the Mailto link. When length is longer than 255 it crashes. This worked
previously (and still does) on an older computer also running XP/SP2.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> There is a limitation in Microsoft's libraries. The filename,
> including path, cannot exceed 255 characters.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User

> "Nick" wrote:
>
> > When I click on a "Mailto:" link longer than 255 characters, the app I'm
> > using crashes. This has occurred in FrontPage 2003 and Outlook Express.
> >
> > Running Windows XP Pro - SP2.

Excuse me? You posted:

> > When I click on a "Mailto:" link longer than 255 characters...
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security