Apple Cinema Display TFT anyone?

Konrad

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
At first I wanted to buy the IBM C220p 22" CRT.. But they no longer sell them where I live.. Well maybe time for a TFT then..
The Apple Cinema Display 20" or 23"? what works best?
Anybody here got this panel? Dose it work on a PC?(PC user) They are very expensive so I was intrested in buying the cheaper 20" but dont know if and how the games will support the 1680x1050 res....(how will Battlefield 2 play on it?)

Well lets say this .. I'm looking for a monitor that I can play games, watch movies and use graphic applications.. (like Photoshop) So "YES" I need that +20" size and 16,7m colors ..

Any info is welcome! -Konrad

RichPLS

Champion
Do you not like the Dell 2450 24" widescreen LCD? It is cheaper and specs look better, IMO...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Konrad

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Sounds nice! Yea and its alot cheaper! Thanks for the info..(didin't know.. this may be my next monitor.. But I still wonder how FPS games like Battlefield 2 will play on it? any ghosting? and how will the game look on it? I dont think many games support the widescreen res of 1920x1200..

And a last thing.. whats dell Dead-pixel policy? this screen has so many pixels.. so many things that can go wrong :p J/K

RichPLS

Champion
Not sure of Dells dead pixel policy. Dhuckle has a 20" and 24" widescreen and has zero dead pixels.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=21534#21534" target="_new"> Dell 2405 </A>

Konrad

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Hmm.. I live in Sweden so I will buy it from dellsweden/europe .. maybe I can call them and ask... well anway if you pay that much money (even if its cheaper its still alot) I think you deserve a zero deadpixel policy :p IMO

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Konrad on 07/26/05 03:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Champion
Regardless of their policy, someone posted that you can RMA it with even one dead pixel and get them to replace it till it is right. Don't have any proof this is true, tho.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I exchanged a 2005fpw by emailing them and complaining about the backlight and dead/on pixels. No questions asked, I got a new one that was perfect. Gave it to my brother. You have 21 days though.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

Konrad

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Ahh just called and asked ... 0 deadpixels or I can return it.. Yes this will be my next monitor.. just ordered it from Dell.. BTW thanks for the info guys!

Chuck_Hsiao

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2005
You must be lucky because over in the United States, Dell's pixel policy (from their website) is replace only if there are more that 6 fixed pixels. Apple's is even worse, since they still go by the ISO 13406-2 standard. This means that their 20" allows up to 3 bright whole pixels, 3 dark whole pixels, and 8 sub-pixel defects, while their 23" allows up to 4 bright whole pixels, 4 dark whole pixels, and 11 sub-pixel defects. Obviously, for both, their customer service takes over long before those limits are reached. But that's what they officially say their policy is in the United States.

So hope you got that 0 dead pixel thing in writing, or know when it expires. Heh. Dell from what I heard does have a pretty good return policy if you do it within a couple of weeks of getting the monitor, though.