Sign in with
Your question

Gateway - 24" FHD2400 Widescreen, were art thou review?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 12, 2007 3:48:13 AM

So I'm looking on the bestbuy website and I find what seems to be a great monitor..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8550588&t...

It has every imaginable input that you could desire for any system or whatever. A very low refresh rate of 3ms. PIP so you can check out several inputs at once.. A hot 1920x1200 native resolution. Full 1080p support. I mean this monitor has to be to good to be true!

So I'm like ok ill search around for some reviews.. What do I find? NOTHING! I even noticed that tom's hardware which has been the site to go to for a good review for who knows how long now. Has no reviews! Not just that, but it seems tom's hardware hasn't done any reviewing for a while. They are very behind the times with a lot of topics and computer components.

That being put to the side. I'd like to hear some feedback on this monitor. I wana know the nitty gritty. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Why is it I havn't seen anything on this monitor? Its almost like it doesn't exist. From what I have seen is that anyone that has found one at their bestbuy has only ever had 1 in stock.. (Same with the one near me) If it would be possible I'd like to hear some type of review of this monitor, and soon before that last one is gone!

Also is there anyone out there that currently owns one? If so and you know a bit more about monitors please make a post. Posts like "Monitor is great!" or something simular wont help any. I already know the monitor seems great. I want to know what the cons are to this thing.

To anyone with anything I thank you in advanced, also this should be a good spot to find some information of this monitor, because apparently I'm the only one that cares enough to want to find out.
Related resources
December 19, 2007 4:46:24 PM

I have the monitor and it's beatiful,I recommend it by far over any of the other brands I've seen or use, so many options. The gloss screen may not be for some as it can get a lot of glare.
December 19, 2007 5:09:54 PM

jaguarskx said:
Here's a review:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2213483,00.asp

I'm not crazy about LCD monitors using TN panels so I wouldn't touch this thing, but most people think TN panels are fine especially since they are less expensive than other LCD panel techs.

Jag what do you recommend?

I wanted a 24" that will often be a computer monitor though will be used frequently for viewing 1080p movies through my PS3. I can't spend over $500. I haven't been able to find a VA or IPS monitor in town after searching 30+ stores and I don't really mind the TN panel. I guess I can't want what I haven't seen. The whole point of entering the 24" market was to meet this dual purpose monitor (PC & 1080p). Else I will just get a 20" because it has the same res as a 22" and will get rid of my gigantic 19" CRT.

Does anyone know what the difference between 32"+ TV LCD monitors? Their viewing angles are way better than a TN panel and the 32" 720p are around $500. So what panels are in these TVs? Hell you can get 42" 1080p LCD TVs for under $1000.
December 20, 2007 6:41:42 PM

i bought the fhd2400 because i wanted to watch dvds tv and play games but i wasn't impressed with the display:

if you like watching movies this monitor is crapy because it only has 262,000 colors dithered to simulate over 16 million - they don't let on to that in the specs though. so this picture looks worse than a regular tv picture showing a dvd - i compared side by side : Also, if you sit back to watch a movie from a distance the picture quality changes drasticly with small position movements. I saw artifacts and some ghosting as well hooked up to a dvd player. The new technology thats coming out from sharp looks impressive: they have a new combo pc moitor/ hddvd 1080p display panel with 176 vertical and horizontal display panel out in japan scince i think nov 22 '07

The problem with the pc display market is most are second party sellers of the worst rejected panels and old technologies. The new lcd tech panels are faster and better but you have to buy them directly under the manufacturers brand - they don't release this tech for comercial 2nd party brands.

i can't even find info for 8 bit panels other than hardware reviews; most commercials keep rehashing old 6 bit tn technology and jazzing it up with bells and whistles. uhg:(  i returned my fhd2400 will wait for better tech.

so here is the new sharp tech:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.shar...

an excerpt: 22", 26", and 32" models

シャープは、新たに開発した業界初の22V・26V型のフルスペックハイビジョンパネル採用機種に、32V型を加えた液晶テレビAQUOS(アクオス)Pシリーズ3機種を発売します。 Sharp is a newly developed the industry's first 22 V 26V type FURUSUPEKKUHAIBIJONPANERU recruitment model, a 32-inch LCD TV plus AQUOS (Aku male) P series of three models released.

地上デジタル放送の受信エリア拡大や、ブルーレイディスクなどハイビジョンメディアの普及にともない、リビングの薄型テレビの大画面化が加速する一方で、2台目需要として寝室や個室などでお使いいただくパーソナルテレビのニーズも高まっています。 Digital terrestrial broadcasting and reception area expansion, such as high-definition Blu-ray media dissemination of devising the living room of a large flat-screen television screens to accelerate Meanwhile, a second demand as a private room, your bedroom and your personal needs TV also growing. さらに、PCゲームやインターネットの映像配信などパソコンを使うコンテンツの需要も拡大しており、テレビをパソコンモニターのようなかたちで使うユーザーが増えています。 In addition, PC games and Internet video content, such as computer use demand is growing, and TV as a PC monitor users use forms has been increasing.

今回新たなシリーズとして発売するAQUOS Pシリーズは、業界初となる22V・26V型をはじめ、32V型もふくめ全機種にフルスペックハイビジョンパネルを搭載しました。 Newly released as a series of AQUOS P Series is the industry's first and 22 V 26V type, including the 32-inch model also FUKUME all FURUSUPEKKUHAIBIJONPANERU with. 圧倒的に高密度で美しい映像を実現することで、テレビの用途だけでなく、パソコンと組み合わせデスクトップの環境で使う場合でも、高精細・高画質な映像をお楽しみいただけます。 The high density overwhelmingly beautiful images to achieve it, as well as the use of television, computers and desktop environment for use in combination, even if high-definition video and high quality you can enjoy.

また、パソコン画面表示中に小さなテレビ画面が表示できる2画面機能搭載、PC入力端子をはじめゲームやハイビジョンメディアなど様々な機器に対応する豊富な接続端子を装備したほか、キーボード収納対応のスタンドデザインを採用するなど、使い勝手を追求しています。 Also, the computer screen displayed in a small television screen can be two-screen function, PC input terminals including games and high-definition media and various other devices connected to a wealth of other terminals equipped with a keyboard stand for the corresponding storage design adopt such as usability, to pursue.

さらに、環境に配慮した部材の積極採用や長寿命設計、無駄な電力を抑える省エネ機能搭載などにより、液晶テレビAQUOSならではの環境性能を実現しています。 In addition, environmentally friendly materials and adopt a positive long-lived design, the power to curb wasteful with energy-saving features, such as the LCD AQUOS if the environmental performance has been achieved.

品名 XX:
地上・BS・110度CSデジタルハイビジョン液晶テレビ Ground BS 110 degree CS digital high-definition LCD TV

愛称 Nickname

(アクオス) (Aku Male)
形名 Type Name
LC-32P1-W LC-32P1-W
LC-26P1-W LC-26P1-W
LC-22P1-W LC-22P1-W

カラー Color
ホワイト系 White system

希望小売価格 Suggested retail price
オープン Open

発売日 Release date
11月22日 November 22

当初月産台数 Initial monthly production volume
6,000台 6,000 units
5,000台 5,000 units
6,000台 6,000 units

■ 主な特長 ■ The main features

1. 22V・26V・32V型の全機種にフルスペックハイビジョンパネルを採用 1. 22V 26V 32V type all model adopted FURUSUPEKKUHAIBIJONPANERU

2.パソコン接続時の使い勝手を追求した機能やデザイン 2. PC when connected to the pursuit of usability features and design

3.PC入力端子をはじめ、ゲームやブルーレイディスクなどハイビジョンメディアに対応する豊富な接続端子 3. PC input terminals, such as games and high-definition Blu-ray media respond to the rich terminals

4.優れた環境性能と省エネ機能 4. Superior environmental performance and energy-saving features

※ 1 2007年10月29日現在、デジタルハイビジョン液晶テレビとして。 [1] October 29, 2007 now, as digital high-definition LCD TV.

※ 2 テレビのV型とは、有効画面の対角寸法を基準とした大きさの目安です。 [2 TV's V-type and the effective screen diagonal dimension based on the size of thumb.

詳細はこちら→ More info>

(注) (Note) ニュースリリースに記載されている内容は、報道発表日時点の情報です。 The news release stated that the contents of the press release date information. ご覧になった時点で、内容が変更になっている可能性がありますので、あらかじめご了承下さい。 Our when the contents of the changes are possible, so you may Please be patient, please.

このページのトップへ Back to Top

ホーム > シャープについて > ニュースリリース > 鮮やかな高精細映像により、パソコンとの組み合わせに最適な液晶テレビ AQUOSの Pシリーズ3機種を発売 Home> Sharp About> News Releases> vivid high-definition video, computer and the combination of the best LCD AQUOS P series of three models released

December 20, 2007 8:26:55 PM

Ya the tech isn't there or at least marketed yet so I caved and bought the BenQ G2400W 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 5ms, 1000:1, 1920x1200(WUXGA), DVI-D/HDMI from tigerdirect for only $300+ship at this link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

You can't buy a 24" rock for $300. BenQ is a good brand and hopefully this TN monitor will work well. It also has DVI and HDMI inputs which is a bonus.
a c 193 C Monitor
December 21, 2007 2:53:12 AM

luckyblur said:
Jag what do you recommend?

I wanted a 24" that will often be a computer monitor though will be used frequently for viewing 1080p movies through my PS3. I can't spend over $500. I haven't been able to find a VA or IPS monitor in town after searching 30+ stores and I don't really mind the TN panel. I guess I can't want what I haven't seen. The whole point of entering the 24" market was to meet this dual purpose monitor (PC & 1080p). Else I will just get a 20" because it has the same res as a 22" and will get rid of my gigantic 19" CRT.

Does anyone know what the difference between 32"+ TV LCD monitors? Their viewing angles are way better than a TN panel and the 32" 720p are around $500. So what panels are in these TVs? Hell you can get 42" 1080p LCD TVs for under $1000.

You can't even buy a 24" LCD monitor online using a VA or IPS panel for $500. A 24" LCD monitor using a VA panel typically starts above $575 online. The only 24" LCD monitor using a IPS panel is the NEC LCD2490WUXi (the little brother of my monitor) and the costs in excess of $1,000.

Lenovo has recently released the first consumer level 22" monitor (the Lenovo ThinkVision L220x) that uses a S-PVA panel with 1920 x 1200 resolution and sells for between $450 - $500. It is only available online and there have not been any professional reviews of it so far.
!