Andrew

Windows\system32\config\content.IE5 folder.
I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it has 4 sub
folders plus an index. These 4 subfolders contains over 4300 files, almost
all of them ending with .XML and dated last year.
My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they stored there
for?
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Drew.

Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Windows\system32\config\content.IE5 folder.
>I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it has 4 sub
>folders plus an index. These 4 subfolders contains over 4300 files, almost
>all of them ending with .XML and dated last year.
>My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they stored there
>for?

This is an IE cache folder, but usually this folder is not found under
SYSTEM32\CONFIG. Somehow it may have been copied/moved to this
location, but anyway: you can safely delete the whole CONTENT.IE5
folder.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233