Dantz Retrospect Express will not start properly

Hello,

I have just installed a Maxtor OneTouch II external drive. The
installation CD came with the Dantz Retrospect Express backup software.
The installation process went fine.

However, every time the Retrospect Express software attempts to start,
I am getting failure messages like the one that follows:
RetroExpress.exe
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x61c (1564), Thread id=0x1e8 (488)

I then have to terminate the application.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
3 answers Last reply
More about dantz retrospect express start properly

    Welcome to Maxtor Product Support!
    http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Maxtor/menuitem.57739892ade91820a727116291346068/?channelpath=/en_us/Support/Product%20Support

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    <Jazzeur@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have just installed a Maxtor OneTouch II external drive. The
    > installation CD came with the Dantz Retrospect Express backup software.
    > The installation process went fine.
    >
    > However, every time the Retrospect Express software attempts to start,
    > I am getting failure messages like the one that follows:
    > RetroExpress.exe
    > Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
    > Process id=0x61c (1564), Thread id=0x1e8 (488)
    >
    > I then have to terminate the application.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you,

    The Knowledge Base at: http://www.dantz.com/en/support/index.dtml may also
    be some help.

    Don

    On 15 Jul 2005 09:06:01 -0700, Jazzeur@gmail.com wrote :

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have just installed a Maxtor OneTouch II external drive. The
    >installation CD came with the Dantz Retrospect Express backup software.
    >The installation process went fine.
    >
    >However, every time the Retrospect Express software attempts to start,
    >I am getting failure messages like the one that follows:
    >RetroExpress.exe
    >Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
    >Process id=0x61c (1564), Thread id=0x1e8 (488)
    >
    >I then have to terminate the application.
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you,

    I have had continuing problems with Dantz Retrospect Express HD that
    have not been solved by the Maxtor or Dantz KB's.

    My computer will not boot if the OnetouchII drive has powered down.
    I have to turn off the drive then turn it on then reboot.

    Whenever a scheduled backup attempts to run, I get a BSOD
    (Blue Screen Of Death) and have to power off the computer (3 fingered
    salute does not work). Manual backups do work.

    My computer no longer recognises the Firewire connection - I have to
    use the USB. There is something about this in the KB but Microsoft
    want to charge me for the fix. I don't think that's fair.

    I have now uninstalled both Dantz Retrospect and the Maxtor utilities
    and just use the drive with Ghost 2003 for backup.

    If you want to persevere, you might try making sure the OnetouchII
    drive is running before the Dantz software tries to backup - just turn
    it off then on again before doing a backup. That might work.
    --
    Regards,
    Peter Wilkins

External Drive Software Windows XP