Bluescreen of death!

Eplex

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Ok, so I am new to this forum and not quite sure where to put this and that (I couldn't find any place which suited this like a help thread or so, sorry if I'm being blind. The sub-category i'm a 100% sure is wrong). Anways let me cut right to the chase :)

I've been getting bluescreen's a lot lately. I think it first started with a virus a long time ago. A month or so ago I installed Windows 8 Preview to test it out, so I formated Windows 7 and all of my hard drives. After maybe 3-5 days using Windows 8 I get a bluescreen :??: I did have any virus, I haven't downloaded anything or what so ever so I thought this was wierd (I don't know if it was a bluescreen though, since in W8 it's different it says something like :( You're computer encountered a problem, Windows is trying to solve the problem and so on). So my comp restarted it self and I didn't think about it anymore. The other day I got it, again. And again, and so on. My point is, it was a daily thing which was wierd. So I reinstalled and formated to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 today. As I was downloading and installing drivers I entered google chrome, got a error message when I started typing in the search bar ( I don't remember what it said, something like ??? stopped working. (like when Skype Click to Call stops working) Google chrome chrased, I 'restarted' it, same thing happend again. But the third time, the same thing happend and I got, *drums*, a bluescreen :kaola: So I restarted my computer and started and started downloading windows updates (I'm not a genius when it comes to 'whats wrong with a computer' etc. but I know the basics and a little more). When the 123 updates was finished downloading and was installed, only 70 was succesful. But I restarted to apply those who did install. It starts up, prepearing the updates, and again, bluescreen. At this point I can't start my PC without getting a bluescreen. I have to start it in safe mode (I am writing on my laptop right now). So I started it in safe mode to finish the updates hoping it might solve the problem since I have not a clue what the problem might be. But it didn't solve a rat ass. So now I'm kinda stuck in a loop hole with bluescreen's :kaola: I was thinking about attaching files describing the problem, but it's late and I'll try to do this tomorrow.

This is my rig;

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40 GHz

ASUS Sabertooth X79 Motherboard

8GB of RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Memory problems are my first thought, you should download memtest86 and run it for at least three passes (preferably more) to test your memory. To fix your computer as it is now, either run CHKDSK /F or Windows start up repair. When you finally manage to get into Windows run as the administrator in the command prompt SFC /scannow if any errors are found then it is a sure sign that you have memory problems.

Eplex

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
So I finally fixed the computer, the CHKDSK and Windows repair didn't work. But I managed to get it working after 3-4 reinstallations of Windows. So I started adding drivers and everything was fine, no bluescreen. But after an hour or so I got one out of the blue :kaola: It's all fine as i'm writing, downloading Windows Updates at the moment. I'll try the memtest tomorrow. I also read that you can use the Windows memeory Diagnostic? But my guess is that it isn't as accurate or w/e as the memtest86.

This is some small information I got about the bluescreen ( seems to me it's the same problem all the time).
I'll try to read the dmp file later and post it (my internet is crap where I live at the moment so I can't download what I need to read the dmp file right now and I can't seem to attach files).

--

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1044

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF6F48061B760
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002896AE2
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091812-27003-01.dmp
C:\Users\Vegar\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39764-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

--

Found on another site.

The BCCode 50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed
hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Resolving the Problem

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see
if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run
hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's
manual for your computer.

Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so,
contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system
startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system
choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose theLast Known Good Configuration
option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it
does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must
restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for
problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.

Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the
device or driver that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it.

BCCode: 50 0x00000050 <-- read this
http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA-0x00000050-*1095.html?order=votes