Sign in with
Your question

Can I download different drivers/software for my ASUS touchpad?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 31, 2009 9:52:58 PM

Hi! I have an ASUS x83vb-x2. Love the computer, hate the touchpad. It jumps around when I type, the scrolling is difficult, and it's hardly customizable. It uses Synaptics, and the latest driver is installed. I don't know much about this stuff, but I know that I can't stand the touchpad anymore, and that the touchpad on my brother's dell is a whole lot better. I was wondering if there are any drivers or software that I could download and use on my touchpad that would let me customize sensitivity and let me program multiple finger functions and just make it better all around. Like, can I download and install dell touchpad drivers? Any help / explanations to someone who obviously doesn't know anything about this would be appreciated. Thank you!
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2009 2:21:22 PM

You can only use drivers that are made for your touchpad. Synaptic touchpads have driver suites that are complete with all kinds of configuration and calibration menus. I don't know how you call it "hardly customizable" - but perhaps you haven't found it yet.
m
l
Related resources
!