DEEJAY

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004

How do I set up a proxy server? I need complete step-by-step instructions as
I am not a computer wiz. I am trying to run LimeWire and it needs the proxy.
--
deejay

No it doesn't.

It offers the capability to use a proxy, but does not need it.

If you can't use it now, setting up a dedicated proxy won't help you.

If you are behind an existing proxy and are trying to run Limewire, you need
to talk to whomever controls that system and get thier approval before you
gobble up thier bandwidth. Unless they know you need to get out and open the
ports, you will not get out.