Movies keep pausing and freezing

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Hi

Have a LITE-ON SOHW-812S.
I have a gig of DDR400 Ram and xp3200 cpu.
When i am burning Movies to DVD thay are freezing and sticking.I can maybe burn 6 or 7 before i get a copy that works.I have tried several different burning software.

Any idea whats the problem

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make sure the thing is set as secondary master and DMA is enabled.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Put it on the end of the secondary IDE cable and jumper it as master on the back of the drive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Pavelow

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004
What are your system specs, type/brand of media, latest firmware for the DVDRW? Have you cleaned up your PC? Defrag, run Ad-aware, run Spybot, turn off background services and startups, turn off any Blacklisted software for the DVD burning application. Example, most burning softwares will conflict with each other and conflict with In-CD packet-writing applications.

I use one of the buggiest DVD burning softwares ever made...321 Studios DVD XCopy Platinum. I have nearly 100% success by doing all these things I have mentioned. Also, you need to burn at the slowest possible speed. Speed kills. I own a Lite-On 851S.

Pavelow

Dell 8250, i850e 4xAGP 2.4ghzCPU 512mbPC1066RDRAM 120gb & 200gbATA
GeF4MX420 SBL5.1 SamSung48xCDRW LiteOn851SDVDRW
RJ-45 to Compaq 9660, 233mhzCPU 104mbFPRAM 12mbVoodoo2 Win95a

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
PC is
AMD 3200XP+
1Gb DDR 400 Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro
Soundblaster Audigy LS
Mobo NF7

I always use enditall to close any background progs.
Tried with -4's and +8's changed my DVD Burner to Slave and my other to Master.
Still the same and it's not just Mpegs'but copied DVD's.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
After you burn a DVD, do a transfer rate test to ensure that all areas of the disc can be read from in an accurate and timely manner.

I use Nero CD/DVD speed to test my burns.

If the graph is bad, toss the disc.