Sign in with
Your question

Computer Questions

Last response: in Tom's Guide
June 6, 2009 7:49:36 PM

I have a few computer questions:

Is it better to leave a computer on 24x7 rather than shutting it off when you're done or powering down for the night?

For example is it healthier for a computer to run non stop, how about a monitor is it wise to leave a monitor on for long periods of time?

Cooling: My computer gets very hot. Both of my graphics cards when on for a while especially I can stick my hand in and its extremely hot. I can put my hand in the back of the computer where I can see the power supply area on the bottom and I can just feel the extreme heat. Is my computer safe I have two fans in different directions on the top. The power supply is blowing upwards while the top fans are blowing out. I have a fan in the front by the hard drives as well.

I'll add some more questions later. Thanks for any replies!

More about : computer questions

June 9, 2009 4:55:44 PM

bump
June 11, 2009 3:49:38 AM

Anyone have an idea?
Related resources
August 12, 2009 10:09:55 AM

:)  Well since this is an old post i'll post anyway. May not get a reply but I would suggest shutting them down from time to time but not too offen unless your system is acting a little quirkey then i'd leave it on for safety reasons. Might have a dead machine on next bootup. I know it's probably not advisable to turn off the monitor but I turn mine off at night. Can't use my screensaver cause I have two other users with password protected & a MajicJack plugged into my frt. USB port & it stop responding when I reapply my settings & have to unplug & plug it back in to reset it. :) 
a b ) Power supply
a b C Monitor
August 21, 2009 4:07:08 PM

Restarting the PC will clear out the memory cache, so it's not a bad idea. I personally leave mine running if I'm going to use it again within a few hours. If not, I shut it down.

You can download programs like speedfan to monitor temps. If they are getting high, an aftermarket cooler may be needed.
January 28, 2010 4:57:55 AM

or better often put it on suspend mode it will be ready by the seconds
March 9, 2010 9:39:43 AM

hello ,

you have to open cover of cpu coz your CPU is not more than heating .

and for monitor always you use AC for cooling purpose.

thanks

regards

purushottamaher

http://www.esds.co.in.
!