Using Mozilla Thunderbird with newsgroups

I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
add newsgroups to the list of folders.

Can you help?

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about using mozilla thunderbird newsgroups

    Try using the mozzilla web site.
    www.mozilla.org

    "**Developer**" wrote:

    > I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
    > add newsgroups to the list of folders.
    >
    > Can you help?
    >

    > Thanks

    That's how I learned about Thunderbird but there's nothing there about
    adding a newgroup I don't think.

    Is there?

    "tfw48079" <tfw48079@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Try using the mozzilla web site.
    > www.mozilla.org
    >
    > "**Developer**" wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how
    >> add newsgroups to the list of folders.
    >>
    >> Can you help?
    >>

    >> Thanks

    Look again.

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

    which leads to, among other things,

    http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thunderbird_8

    Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.

    **Developer** wrote:
    > I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
    > add newsgroups to the list of folders.
    >
    > Can you help?
    >

    > Thanks

    In Thunderbird, click Tools > Account Settings > Add Account. Follow
    the instructions and fill in the blanks...

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Thanks

    I believe I did that and looked for an indication I could set a NG account
    rather than a mail account ( like the tabs in Outlook Express). I'll try
    again and knowing it should work continue further and see what happens.

    Thanks again

    > **Developer** wrote:
    >> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how
    >> to add newsgroups to the list of folders.
    >>
    >> Can you help?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >

    > In Thunderbird, click Tools > Account Settings > Add Account. Follow the
    > instructions and fill in the blanks...
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    Thanks again, I was one click away from what I needed.

    Reminds me of the time when I first started to use VisualStudio and a window
    was filling with Watch items and I couldn't find out how to delete them -
    until some nice person told me to select one and press Del. Simple but I'm
    not sure I wouldn't still be looking for a menu item without that help.

    Thanks

    "Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Look again.
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
    >
    > which leads to, among other things,
    >
    > http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thunderbird_8
    >
    > Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.

    Yep, it's there. In fact part 1 has all I needed to proceed.

    Thanks

    PS
    Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
    branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.

    **Developer** wrote:

    > PS
    > Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
    > branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.

    In Thunderbird, click View > Threads ...., and View > Sort by >
    Threaded....

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    > "Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Look again.
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
    >>
    >> which leads to, among other things,
    >>
    >> http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thunderbird_8
    >>
    >> Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.
    >>

    > Yep, it's there. In fact part 1 has all I needed to proceed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > PS
    > Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
    > branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.

    You have to select a message first and then click on the icon that says
    something like arrange in threads.

    --
    Alias

    > **Developer** wrote:
    >

    >> PS
    >> Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as
    >> tree branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.
    >>

    > In Thunderbird, click View > Threads ...., and View > Sort by >
    > Threaded....
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers

    It will be grayed out if you don't have a message selected ...

    --
    Alias

    Thanks to both

    Alias wrote:

    > It will be grayed out if you don't have a message selected ...

    Ah.... Hadn't noticed that. Thanks.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

Mozilla Newsgroup Thunderbird Microsoft Windows XP