Using Mozilla Thunderbird with newsgroups

July 15, 2005 6:48:09 PM

I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
add newsgroups to the list of folders.

Can you help?

Thanks
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:48:10 PM

Try using the mozzilla web site.
www.mozilla.org

"**Developer**" wrote:

> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
> add newsgroups to the list of folders.
>
> Can you help?
>

> Thanks

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 8:37:08 PM

That's how I learned about Thunderbird but there's nothing there about
adding a newgroup I don't think.

Is there?

"tfw48079" <tfw48079@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try using the mozzilla web site.
> www.mozilla.org
>
> "**Developer**" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how
>> add newsgroups to the list of folders.
>>
>> Can you help?
>>

>> Thanks

Related resources
July 15, 2005 9:26:40 PM

Look again.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

which leads to, among other things,

http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thun...

Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.

**Developer** wrote:

> That's how I learned about Thunderbird but there's nothing there about
> adding a newgroup I don't think.
>
> Is there?
>
> "tfw48079" <tfw48079@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Try using the mozzilla web site.
> > www.mozilla.org
> >
> > "**Developer**" wrote:
> >
> >> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how
> >> add newsgroups to the list of folders.
> >>
> >> Can you help?
> >>

> >> Thanks

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:06:30 AM

**Developer** wrote:
> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how to
> add newsgroups to the list of folders.
>
> Can you help?
>

> Thanks

In Thunderbird, click Tools > Account Settings > Add Account. Follow
the instructions and fill in the blanks...

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 12:48:45 PM

Thanks

I believe I did that and looked for an indication I could set a NG account
rather than a mail account ( like the tabs in Outlook Express). I'll try
again and knowing it should work continue further and see what happens.

Thanks again

> **Developer** wrote:
>> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out how
>> to add newsgroups to the list of folders.
>>
>> Can you help?
>>

>> Thanks
>

> In Thunderbird, click Tools > Account Settings > Add Account. Follow the
> instructions and fill in the blanks...
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:02:15 PM

Thanks again, I was one click away from what I needed.

Reminds me of the time when I first started to use VisualStudio and a window
was filling with Watch items and I couldn't find out how to delete them -
until some nice person told me to select one and press Del. Simple but I'm
not sure I wouldn't still be looking for a menu item without that help.

Thanks

" **Developer**" <REMOVEdeveloper@a-znet.com> wrote in message
news:o Zta1SgiFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks
>
> I believe I did that and looked for an indication I could set a NG account
> rather than a mail account ( like the tabs in Outlook Express). I'll try
> again and knowing it should work continue further and see what happens.
>
> Thanks again
>

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> **Developer** wrote:
>>> I downloaded/installed Mozilla Thunderbird but can't seem to find out
>>> how to add newsgroups to the list of folders.
>>>
>>> Can you help?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>

>> In Thunderbird, click Tools > Account Settings > Add Account. Follow the
>> instructions and fill in the blanks...
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>> both at once. - RAH

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:40:00 PM

"Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Look again.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
>
> which leads to, among other things,
>
> http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thun...
>
> Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.

Yep, it's there. In fact part 1 has all I needed to proceed.

Thanks

PS
Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:40:01 PM

**Developer** wrote:

> PS
> Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
> branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.

In Thunderbird, click View > Threads ...., and View > Sort by >
Threaded....

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
July 16, 2005 8:09:13 PM

> "Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Look again.
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
>>
>> which leads to, among other things,
>>
>> http://www.nidelven-it.no/articles/introduction_to_thun...
>>
>> Consult your ISP for the NNTP news server you should use.
>>

> Yep, it's there. In fact part 1 has all I needed to proceed.
>
> Thanks
>

> PS
> Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as tree
> branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.

You have to select a message first and then click on the icon that says
something like arrange in threads.

--
Alias

July 16, 2005 9:00:40 PM

> **Developer** wrote:
>

>> PS
>> Now I'm looking for a way to make Thunderbird show all the replies as
>> tree branches under the original post like OE does. I kinda like that.
>>

> In Thunderbird, click View > Threads ...., and View > Sort by >
> Threaded....
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers

It will be grayed out if you don't have a message selected ...

--
Alias

July 16, 2005 9:00:41 PM

Thanks to both