What means...

manny

Hi, I recently installed the WinXP SP2 on my XP Pro
Computer. I have a MN-700 working like Base Station.
Well, when I try to open the Microsoft Broadband Network
Utility Appears the next message: "

Microsoft Broadband Networking
Microsoft Broadband Networking

----------------------

Issue Description:

Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
compatible with this version of Windows, contact
Microsoft Broadband Networking.

Contact Information:

Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503
(Canada)

----------------------
Note:This information is subject to change.
Last Updated: Friday, November 9, 2001
© 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of use.

Well I just checked for the update, and I've got the last
version of the software, so, what kind of issue is this?

Also I cannot connect my PC to Other Pc that is upstairs,
Both with XP Pro, I cannot Share nothing, I have selected
the drives to share, the folders to share and all that I
need to make it possible, but nothing. Same Workgroup,
Security Key, On the Base Station Management Tool, both
PC appear, but no in my "Neighborhood" What Can I do?
Well Thats all for now.

I wait for response.

Thanks

joker

It will be resolved when the final version of SP2 is out as the version
you are running is not the final it will possibly have changes made to
it. Basically why reprogram the BNU to work with the RC & final version
of SP2.

One last note you don't need the BNU on XP and higher it is only needed
to configure wireless connections on older versions of Windows that
don't support wireless networking.

File & printer sharing is a Windows issue. If you can browse the
Internet then I'd suggest posting in the Windows XP newsgroup or a
general networking newsgroup.