Deleting Files

I recently unzipped a large .pdf file to my desktop containing numerous .gif
files. The problem is, now i want to get rid of them but when I delete the
files it automatically creates a copy to me desktop. How can I stop this.
1 answer Last reply
More about deleting files

    "Bianca" <Bianca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I recently unzipped a large .pdf file to my desktop containing

    It's no good idea to unzip anything to the desktop. Unzip to a temp
    folder next time.

    > numerous .gif files. The problem is, now i want to get rid of them but
    > when I delete the files it automatically creates a copy to me desktop.

    Start Windows in *safe* mode and try to delete all these files from there.

    --
    d-d

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP