Having searched under Temporary Internet Files - I have opened the
Windows\system32\config\ one and found within a folder entitled Content.IE5
This contains over 4300 files in 4 coded sub folders, almost all of them
ending
with .XML, dated last year and now compressed. At 18MB of disk space
does anybody know the answer to these questions:
Does SP2 need them?
What purpose are they stored there for?
Can these folders/files be deleted?

Please don't confuse this folder with the one where Temporary Internet files
&
cookies are stored.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Ying.

TIF, Cookies, Index.dat and Content.IE5 are part and parcel of the "smoke &
mirrors" nature of Temporary Internet Files. Read: http://snipurl.com/gadi
(http://snipurl.com/gadj in particular).

Unless you're having problems indicating corruption, leave 'em alone and go
worry about more important things like whirled peas.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Ying Tong wrote:
> Having searched under Temporary Internet Files - I have opened the
> Windows\system32\config\ one and found within a folder entitled
> Content.IE5 This contains over 4300 files in 4 coded sub folders, almost
> all of them ending
> with .XML, dated last year and now compressed. At 18MB of disk space
> does anybody know the answer to these questions:
> Does SP2 need them?
> What purpose are they stored there for?
> Can these folders/files be deleted?
>
> Please don't confuse this folder with the one where Temporary Internet
> files &
> cookies are stored.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Ying.

Hi

Delete them to the Recycle Bin for a few days. If you don't get any
problems delete the files from the Recycle Bin. .XML files 'can' be hard to
read - have you had a look at one of them to see what the contents are?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User