Promise RAID registry mod program messed my PC up...

Tags:
  • Promise Raid
  • Windows XP
July 15, 2005 6:28:01 PM

In desperation to get my new 250 GB SATA drive going I ran a registry
modification program. It was upposed to make the changes needed to
allow my system to see the new HD.

Well that was not what my problem was. I had to enable the RAID
controller and add the single HD in Strike configuration to see it. I
can now access it fine.

BUT, on my 160 GB drive, which is in three partitions, the largest
partition is now mostly inaccessible. I can get into a few folders and
files but most of them cause the following message to be displayed:

"The disk in drive V is not formatted.

Do you want to format it now?"

I will not format it. I know that this is most likely due to the
registry changes that the above mentioned program made. I have a quite
a few hours of video editing on that drive and I don't want to lose it.

Can anyone tell me how to reverse or fix the registry problem?

Thanks.

More about : promise raid registry mod program messed

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:47:02 PM

You can repair the registry,try typing #307545 At microsoft

"wrestler" wrote:

> In desperation to get my new 250 GB SATA drive going I ran a registry
> modification program. It was upposed to make the changes needed to
> allow my system to see the new HD.
>
> Well that was not what my problem was. I had to enable the RAID
> controller and add the single HD in Strike configuration to see it. I
> can now access it fine.
>
> BUT, on my 160 GB drive, which is in three partitions, the largest
> partition is now mostly inaccessible. I can get into a few folders and
> files but most of them cause the following message to be displayed:
>
> "The disk in drive V is not formatted.
>
> Do you want to format it now?"
>
> I will not format it. I know that this is most likely due to the
> registry changes that the above mentioned program made. I have a quite
> a few hours of video editing on that drive and I don't want to lose it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to reverse or fix the registry problem?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 9:58:18 PM

#307545 comes up with 8 results but none of them apply to my situation.

Here's more information on this:

If I try to empty the Recycle Bin I get the following message:
"Cannot delete desktop: Data error (cyclic redundancy check.)"

Also, Norton's System Works hangs when scanning the registry.