Search no longer works from the starup menu.

It however works from My Computer and Internet Explorer.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Michael

Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i browseui.dll
Press Enter
Then type in: regsvr32 /i shell32
Press Enter
may also require registering these as well
regsvr32 vbscript
regsvr32 jscript

or
Click Start, Run, then type in: regsvr32 /i C:\windows\srchasst\srchui.dll
Press Enter

If the above fails to fix the problem, then consider the following links for more
information:-

Why doesn't Search work?

Troubleshooting Search Issues in Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#search

Windows XP Search Problems
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm