disabled monitor

After installing a new hard drive, and while re-installing the OS, I
accidentally disabled the monitor. (yes, I know how stupid this is) Now all
I get is a dark blue screen after Windows starts. Is there a way to get the
monitor back, or re-format the hard drive?

Try starting in "safe Mode"..F8 when XP starts

do a repair installation......

seeing as you have a new XP installation you might also try a reinstall
formatting during the install.
watch for the option.
peterk

the problem
"Red1966" <Red1966@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing a new hard drive, and while re-installing the OS, I
> accidentally disabled the monitor. (yes, I know how stupid this is) Now
> all
> I get is a dark blue screen after Windows starts. Is there a way to get
> the
> monitor back, or re-format the hard drive?

Mary

Did you reinstall the video drivers as well as all the other drivers? Did you
install the Chipset Drivers first if your model requires that? A "disabled"
monitor would be black, not show a blue screen. You should check with your
manufacturer's help site for more help in reinstalling the operating system
and all the necessary drivers.