wont recognize card

fiveiron

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2004
I bought a sound blaster audigy 2 value, when i throw it in windows recognizes it but when i try and install the drivers it wont find them, then when i use the installation cd or drivers off the net, it tells me i dont have the proper hardware, it is for sure a audigy 2 value. i bought it oem and didnt get a manual. anyone else have this card and have any ideas?

cookingfrags

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2004
i dont think there have been any official driver releases for the Value yet, except for a digital rights management "driver." i tried getting the Audigy 2/ZS Driver (16 megs...on dial-up), and it turned out that its not compatible with the Value series and had the same problem you had, as far as the online drivers go. i'd try for a new install CD, though you might have to pay for it, and it still may not work...

LordPaludis

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004
this may sound silly, but is the card pushed in far enough into the PCI slot? mine wasn't in far enough and windows detected it but the creative drivers did not.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I checked and none of the Audigy 2 drivers for download are for the Audigy 2 Value series!

This is utter crap. I have seen them do this with some of their other cards. If you lose the origial driver CD you are screwed.

I suggest you contact creative's customer support, and ask them how you can get the proper drivers for your card.

http://us.creative.com/support/custsup/

Hopefully they will be helpful.

Either way report back on their response.

PS someone said this worked.

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=45004&page=1&pp=15

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Codesmith on 02/23/05 02:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Llamaman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
Apparently the CD is $15! Somewhat defeats the point of buying an OEM card...

However, I've found a few sites where you can download the CD disc image. I'll give that a go!

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently you can use a compatiblity patch to install the ZS drivers, which unlocks all of the ZS features.

The ZS driver CD is readilby available on the net.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
The OEM version newegg is selling does come with the Driver and Application CD, so not everyone is selling just the card with no way to install the software.