Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3 problems. Help needed! :'(

tirzono

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Good evening gents

I've a problem with my Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3, i have the HD4670 since a week or so.
There's a list with problems..where to begin?

When I installed catalyst 8.12 drivers for the first time I got an error ,something like ''INF driver wasn't found'' .
error4wi.jpg
But catalyst continued installing after I clicked OK.
After catalyst was ready with installing I had to reboot my computer. After I rebooted I got another error something like this: No card was found . Then i installed catalyst again rebooted and everything worked fine?!

Okay that was problem one.

2nd problem :

When vista is booting up I got stuck at ''Vista loading'' bootscreen.
First I thought that it was because I didn't disabled extended desktop before turning windows off. Well that worked for a while but now it doesn't. I have to reset my computer a few times to make it boot. WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON?

3rd problem:

When videocard is connected to My LCD television via 2nd DVI there's another problem.
When I select ''input'' HDMI 1 on my television before enabled extended desktop via catalyst both screens begin to flash . like they're turning on and off!

WTF

4th problem:

When I enable ATi overdrive and select custom clocks and apply them ,nothing changes!
But it worked in the beginning!

Things I've tried:

-Remove drivers
-Driversweeper
-Install drivers again
-Connect videocard only to one screen (Main 19'' screen)
-No overclocking

My setup:

P4 516 3Ghz
1GB PC3200
Gigabyte 915PM motherboard (With full PCI-e x16)
Aopen 400Watt
and ofcourse Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3

Screens:

mmqtll.png

2rppw87.png

Is this a broken card? Or driver issue? And if so what can I do to prevent it in the future?

:(

Update: I think the card is broken somehow I requested RMA

Aneesh@4GHz

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

Did u used any gfx cards before o
n that pc? ,did u try it after a full system format?

I think aftr a full system format will solve this!