Error "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

I think that when Windows start up that it tries writing things to the
registry but it can't and now I am stuck with 100's of these error screens
displaying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"
4 answers Last reply
More about error windows delayed write failed

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm90IHNvIFhQ?= <Not so XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > I think that when Windows start up that it tries writing things to the
    > registry but it can't and now I am stuck with 100's of these error
    > screens displaying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

    Also can be pending doom of the hard drive or mb ide channel.

    Try the following:-
    Right click on My Computer|Properties|Hardware|Device Manager|Select the
    Disk Drive|Properties|Polices}Uncheck the box against 'Enable write
    caching on the disk'|Ok.
    See if this helps.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Not so XP wrote:
    > I think that when Windows start up that it tries writing things to the
    > registry but it can't and now I am stuck with 100's of these error screens
    > displaying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"
  3. dfdsfd
  4. dfgdsfg

Microsoft Registry Windows XP