Error "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

I think that when Windows start up that it tries writing things to the
registry but it can't and now I am stuck with 100's of these error screens
displaying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90IHNvIFhQ?= <Not so XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I think that when Windows start up that it tries writing things to the
> registry but it can't and now I am stuck with 100's of these error
> screens displaying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

Also can be pending doom of the hard drive or mb ide channel.

Try the following:-
Right click on My Computer|Properties|Hardware|Device Manager|Select the
Disk Drive|Properties|Polices}Uncheck the box against 'Enable write
caching on the disk'|Ok.
See if this helps.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP