Hi I keep getting this message when I try to run a program that I really want
to run. I know I can do something to change the memory but I don't even know
what mb is and when I look at the paging area there are much larger numbers.
Please help. Thank you.

THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES AT LEAST 3MB OF VIRTUAL MEMORY TO RUN

Hi

Please have a look at the following article by the late Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"benci" <benci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I keep getting this message when I try to run a program that I really
> want
> to run. I know I can do something to change the memory but I don't even
> know
> what mb is and when I look at the paging area there are much larger
> numbers.
> Please help. Thank you.
>
> THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES AT LEAST 3MB OF VIRTUAL MEMORY TO RUN

"benci" <benci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi I keep getting this message when I try to run a program that I really want
>to run. I know I can do something to change the memory but I don't even know
>what mb is and when I look at the paging area there are much larger numbers.
>Please help. Thank you.
>
>THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES AT LEAST 3MB OF VIRTUAL MEMORY TO RUN

This sounds like it may be an older program that was written for
earlier versions of Windows where the virtual memory settings were not
dynamic.

What is the name and version number of the program? Maybe someone
else has found a work-around for this issue.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP