D20 Hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversquare

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I have an older Canon EOS 20D which has served me very well but recently it has been hesitating when attempting to shoot and the half press does not auto-focus (but I can use the '*' button to focus). The mode does not seem to matter (an auto mode or manual one) and resetting the camera did not help. I tried new batteries as the ones I have are old now, but still nothing. I have not yet tried updating the firmware or changing the backup battery but I don't think those things would cause this. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I will be shooting and fully press the trigger (either on the body itself or the battery grip, so it is not the trigger that is worn out) and one time it may take a second or two before the shutter opens and I get the shot but other times it may be as long as 10 seconds of holding down before I get the shot. All settings are default and it does not matter whether I use auto-focus or not. I never used to have this problem. It is almost like my camera is behaving like a 'senior citizen' of cameras though I suppose it is...

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Changing my handle and getting rid of 'SilverSquare'. Hath no one with a 20D or other camera experienced the issue described? I sincerely doubt I can be the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts