Problems with CD/DVD RW drive

I am using Nero and running Windows XP Professional. Whenever I put a CD
RW or DVD RW it takes forever to recognize it. Although it finally does get
recognized, there are errors showing up in event manager. The main one is
pnp manager Event id 7 that says the local computer cannot properly
recognize messages from a remote PC.

I cannot figure out what this means, but I do have a wired Ethernet
connection that I use to share files and a 56k dial up internet connection
that I share thru ICS.

Do I need to map my CD Drive or something? Or install something else from
the Windws Professional CD?

karl

When I have this problem, it usually means the disc is screwed, luckily it is an
RW so try a full format of the disc and see if that helps. You may want to
backup the data on the disc before formatting if you need the data.