Internal Error 2908

a b D Laptop
July 15, 2005 9:47:01 PM

Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
"Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
1000 and not quite 6 months old.

More about : internal error 2908

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 16, 2005 11:04:58 AM

Start>Run>Regedit>ok
now navigate to the following key:-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\RunOnce

Check for the entry in the right pane window which is creating
problem,delete that.
[it is always safe to backup your registry before doing anything]

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Dane wrote:

> Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
> "Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
> screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
> What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
> Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
> 1000 and not quite 6 months old.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 17, 2005 4:25:02 PM

there is no entry in the right pane? It has also been suggested that I
unistall and reinstall my Office 2003, did this and still receiving Error
message. The only way I have been able to stop it running is to ctrl, alt,
del and end program? I have also tried the site for the Registry
Mechanic...no luck.

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Start>Run>Regedit>ok
> now navigate to the following key:-
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\RunOnce
>
> Check for the entry in the right pane window which is creating
> problem,delete that.
> [it is always safe to backup your registry before doing anything]
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Dane wrote:
>
> > Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
> > "Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
> > screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
> > What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
> > Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
> > 1000 and not quite 6 months old.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2005 8:00:01 PM

Checking in the Expert Zone Newsgroups, I typed in the search Internal error
and found a message that said a few people had the HP All in One, as it turns
out that is what was causing the problem. I unistalled it and no more error
message, next step is to go to the HP web site and update drivers then
reinstall printer.
This is a great forum.

!