Internal Error 2908

Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
"Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
1000 and not quite 6 months old.
3 answers Last reply
More about internal error 2908

    Start>Run>Regedit>ok
    now navigate to the following key:-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\RunOnce

    Check for the entry in the right pane window which is creating
    problem,delete that.
    [it is always safe to backup your registry before doing anything]

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Dane wrote:

    > Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
    > "Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
    > screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
    > What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
    > Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
    > 1000 and not quite 6 months old.

    there is no entry in the right pane? It has also been suggested that I
    unistall and reinstall my Office 2003, did this and still receiving Error
    message. The only way I have been able to stop it running is to ctrl, alt,
    del and end program? I have also tried the site for the Registry
    Mechanic...no luck.

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > Start>Run>Regedit>ok
    > now navigate to the following key:-
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\RunOnce
    >
    > Check for the entry in the right pane window which is creating
    > problem,delete that.
    > [it is always safe to backup your registry before doing anything]
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > Dane wrote:
    >
    > > Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
    > > "Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
    > > screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
    > > What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
    > > Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
    > > 1000 and not quite 6 months old.

    Checking in the Expert Zone Newsgroups, I typed in the search Internal error
    and found a message that said a few people had the HP All in One, as it turns
    out that is what was causing the problem. I unistalled it and no more error
    message, next step is to go to the HP web site and update drivers then
    reinstall printer.
    This is a great forum.

    "Dane" wrote:

    > there is no entry in the right pane? It has also been suggested that I
    > unistall and reinstall my Office 2003, did this and still receiving Error
    > message. The only way I have been able to stop it running is to ctrl, alt,
    > del and end program? I have also tried the site for the Registry
    > Mechanic...no luck.
    >
    > "S.Sengupta" wrote:
    >
    > > Start>Run>Regedit>ok
    > > now navigate to the following key:-
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\RunOnce
    > >
    > > Check for the entry in the right pane window which is creating
    > > problem,delete that.
    > > [it is always safe to backup your registry before doing anything]
    > >
    > > regards,
    > > ssg MS-MVP
    > >
    > > Dane wrote:
    > >
    > > > Each time I turn on my laptop "Windows Installer" screen comes up and message
    > > > "Please wait while Windows Configures Copy" after a few minutes another
    > > > screen pops up "Internal Error 2908"
    > > > What does this mean and how do I stop Windows Installer from attempting to
    > > > Configure Copy each time I turn on my laptop. My computer is a DEll Inspiron
    > > > 1000 and not quite 6 months old.

Laptops Windows Installer Windows XP