Disney's GameBreak! The Lion King II: Simba's Pride

Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2005 7:49:01 PM

Hi there,

Please could someone help me. I have the above game on CD and it says it the
OS should be Win 95/98/Me/XP. Fine no problem, I have XP Pro.... I try to run
the setup file and it has an error message saying "The game needs windows 95"

What am I to do, is where any way around this?

Please help.

Thanks
Nelbo
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:10:58 PM

Hi Nelbo,

Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Nelbo" <Nelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1827D9CC-CA65-418D-91D6-06EB0D692480@microsoft.com...
| Hi there,
|
| Please could someone help me. I have the above game on CD and it says it the
| OS should be Win 95/98/Me/XP. Fine no problem, I have XP Pro.... I try to run
| the setup file and it has an error message saying "The game needs windows 95"
|
| What am I to do, is where any way around this?
|
| Please help.
|
| Thanks
| Nelbo
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:57:32 AM

Here's the web page on technical issues with disney games and winxp in case
you run into more problems. You have to enter in winxp and the game and it
will go right to a bunch of issues that come up with this game.
http://bvgsupport.go.com/techdocs/disney/homepage.do

Below is the compatibility issue you had.

From the disney tech page on the issue.

ISSUE:
When attempting to launch a Disney Interactive program on system running
Windows XP, the screen goes black or you receive an error that this program
requires Windows 95.
CAUSE:
This is caused by a compatibility issue with Windows XP.

RESOLUTION:
Change the compatibility mode of the program.

DETAILED RESOLUTION:
Perform the following solution to play this program on your Windows XP
computer system.

1.. From the Windows task bar, click on the Start button and select All
Programs.
2.. Select Disney Interactive, point to the program's folder, and then
right-click on the program's game icon.
3.. From the option list, select Properties.
4.. Click on the Compatibility tab to bring it forward.
5.. Select the checkbox next to "Run this program in compatibility mode
for:."
6.. The adjacent drop-down menu has listings for Windows 95, Windows 98 /
Windows Me and Windows 2000. Select one of these three options.
7.. Select the checkboxes next to "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640 by
480 screen resolution".
8.. Click on OK to accept the change.
9.. From this point forward, use this link to start the program.
10.. If you continue to experience the same issues, repeat the above
steps, but select a different option in Step 6.

"Nelbo" <Nelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Please could someone help me. I have the above game on CD and it says it
> the
> OS should be Win 95/98/Me/XP. Fine no problem, I have XP Pro.... I try to
> run
> the setup file and it has an error message saying "The game needs windows
> 95"
>
> What am I to do, is where any way around this?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Nelbo
August 6, 2005 4:08:01 AM

Thanks Guys,

It worked, my daughter thanks you from the bottom of her heart.

Regards

Nelbo

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Nelbo,
>
> Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.
>
> To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
> down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
> to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:
>
> To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
> first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).
>
> 1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
> 2.. Click on Properties.
> 3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
> 4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
> a.. Windows 95
> b.. Windows 98
> c.. Windows NT 4
> d.. Windows 2000
> 5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
> a.. Run in 256 colors.
> b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
> c.. Disable visual themes.
>
> Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.
>
> Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
> A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
>
> If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
> link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
> or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
> http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>
> "Nelbo" <Nelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1827D9CC-CA65-418D-91D6-06EB0D692480@microsoft.com...
> | Hi there,
> |
> | Please could someone help me. I have the above game on CD and it says it the
> | OS should be Win 95/98/Me/XP. Fine no problem, I have XP Pro.... I try to run
> | the setup file and it has an error message saying "The game needs windows 95"
> |
> | What am I to do, is where any way around this?
> |
> | Please help.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Nelbo

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 7:11:36 PM

Great news! Glad she's happily playing her new game. :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"Nelbo" <Nelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5112604C-9FD8-4E8B-A6CC-14F1F078D5C1@microsoft.com...
| Thanks Guys,
|
| It worked, my daughter thanks you from the bottom of her heart.
|
| Regards
|
| Nelbo
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Nelbo,
| >
| > Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.
| >
| > To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
| > down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
| > to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:
| >
| > To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
| > first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).
| >
| > 1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
| > 2.. Click on Properties.
| > 3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
| > 4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
| > a.. Windows 95
| > b.. Windows 98
| > c.. Windows NT 4
| > d.. Windows 2000
| > 5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
| > a.. Run in 256 colors.
| > b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
| > c.. Disable visual themes.
| >
| > Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.
| >
| > Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
| > A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
| >
| > If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
| > link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
| > or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Nelbo" <Nelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1827D9CC-CA65-418D-91D6-06EB0D692480@microsoft.com...
| > | Hi there,
| > |
| > | Please could someone help me. I have the above game on CD and it says it the
| > | OS should be Win 95/98/Me/XP. Fine no problem, I have XP Pro.... I try to run
| > | the setup file and it has an error message saying "The game needs windows 95"
| > |
| > | What am I to do, is where any way around this?
| > |
| > | Please help.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > | Nelbo

July 20, 2008 7:06:46 PM

Hey, I have the same problem and have tried the above but it still wont work. I miss this game loads and would like it so much to work but it just says 'The game needs Windows 95 Operating Service'

If anybody has any suggestions please share. and thankyou. :(

Elise
!