Solved

Whats the difference

whats the difference in windows 7 oem and windows 7 full? arnt they the same thing?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about whats difference
  1. You can only install OEM once. But the full version you can reinstall, install on a new PC etc.
  2. Best answer
    the OEM version is Tied to your motherboard, so you can install it once on a system and then its tied to it, you cannot reinstall to another system and if you change your current system your liscence becomes invalid.

it also does not include tech support from Microsoft, or a warranty. what you are buying is just the right to use W7 on a specific machine. nothing more.
  3. Best answer selected by snowolf.
  4. welshmousepk said:
    the OEM version is Tied to your motherboard, so you can install it once on a system and then its tied to it, you cannot reinstall to another system and if you change your current system your liscence becomes invalid.

it also does not include tech support from Microsoft, or a warranty. what you are buying is just the right to use W7 on a specific machine. nothing more.

thanks for the info and sweet specs . nice to see others that have a gigabyte mother board :D
  5. happy to help.

and thanks, personally i think gigabyte are the best for Mobos, i always use them when possible.
  6. The OEM versions of windows are limited as to how much hardware you can change ....very important part coming .... at one time.

read this:

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/activation.html

I have not seen the issue addressed in print however since XP....Windows 7 mileage may vary.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 OEM