Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Grandma

Last response: in Tom's Guide
August 17, 2009 12:45:55 PM

I hesitate to even write. I am such a novice that I do not uderstand your technical terms.
I can not burn .....using Sonic record now, it says it is burning and the burn time is..... s l o w
10 minutes, but before it finishes it says that there is an error burning and that it may be caused by a poor quality disc. I've used various brands and many new ones. It just won't burn....and I'm too old for this :bounce:  If you don't want to fool with this, I understand, but could you point me in the direction of a site that could help.

More about : grandma

October 28, 2009 2:48:12 PM

You are right...I don't want to fool with this.

I would try here first. steve[at]apple.com
He is usually real helpful. He loves the common folk. Tell him your name is Lisa.

frustrationmaxed said:
I hesitate to even write. I am such a novice that I do not uderstand your technical terms.
I can not burn .....using Sonic record now, it says it is burning and the burn time is..... s l o w
10 minutes, but before it finishes it says that there is an error burning and that it may be caused by a poor quality disc. I've used various brands and many new ones. It just won't burn....and I'm too old for this :bounce:  If you don't want to fool with this, I understand, but could you point me in the direction of a site that could help.

October 30, 2009 4:15:56 PM

Hi Grandma.

I take it you know nothing about computers. You shouldn't have to. they should just work. Its not your fault - its the computer and the computer industry.

A few things. how old is the computer? The older it is the slower it will be.

Burning drives come in a few speeds. x2 x4 x32 x48. The bigger the number the faster. If you have a old bit of kit it will take a while. Have a look on the front where the disc goes for a number.

How much are you burning? If you have a lot of pictures from a digital camera, these files do add up to rather a large amount of "data". So it can take a while.

a CD or a whole DVD. "A whole DVD holds rather a lot of information", Could take 10mins to burn. Also, if you have lots of checking setting turned on it take longer.

Burning settings- there are lots of setting to pick from. And lots of checking the CD or DVD after the job was done correctly - These check will add some time on to the job but it is nice to know that the whole thing has worked.

The software - I've not used "Sonic record" before. So it may be worth downloading and installing something else to try out.

August 29, 2010 1:16:40 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!