install two cameras

is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
10 answers Last reply
More about install cameras

    Bpt22 wrote:

    > is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

    Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
    They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
    and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
    when you want to work with the pictures.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Yes.

    "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > Bpt22 wrote:
    >
    >> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
    >
    > Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
    > They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
    > and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
    > when you want to work with the pictures.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic"

    These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for something
    you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:

    > "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >> Bpt22 wrote:
    >>
    >>> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
    >>
    >> Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
    >> They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around
    >> $30usd) and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up
    >> its battery when you want to work with the pictures.
    >>
    >> Malke
    >> --
    >> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    >> Elephant Boy Computers
    >> www.elephantboycomputers.com
    >> "Don't Panic"
    >
    > These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for
    > something you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

    YMMV. I need one. I don't like to leave my camera on, using up its
    battery while getting the pictures. I don't like to install unnecessary
    camera drivers and software which are sometimes iffy. I also do data
    retrieval of camera memory cards for clients. So actually I *do* need a
    card reader and the $30 was well worth it. If you don't want to buy a
    card reader, that's your choice.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:

    > These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for
    > something you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

    Sorry for the double post, but there's another good reason to use card
    readers: sharing pictures with others. When I visited my family back
    East, we all had different digital cameras and of course were busy
    taking pictures. We hooked up a multi-type card reader to one of our
    laptops and were able to look at everybody's pictures without needing
    to install anything on the laptop.

    But of course, YMMV. I don't sell card readers or have stock in any
    companies that make them, so the suggestion to the OP was just that; a
    suggestion for something that works well for me.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Can't imagine `not having a card reader. Never ever have I done a camera
    to pc transfer. Only thing I've hooked a cord to camera's for is upgrading
    firmware. Usually so they would take bigger mem cards.

    so the answer is yes. see,i have a camera,and my kids have another.they
    upload their photos for all their friends,and I prefer not to have to look at
    their silly stuff.
    reason i asked we installed software for 2 different brand cameras on a 98
    box and it crashed.

    Malke wrote:

    > Bpt22 wrote:
    >

    >>is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
    >

    > Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
    > They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
    > and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
    > when you want to work with the pictures.
    >
    > Malke

    Belkin F5U248 8-in-1 USB 2.0 reader & writer, New $24.99 from CompUSA:
    Works with 8 types of media: CompactFlash I, CompactFlash II,
    SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MultiMedia, IBM Microdrive, Memory Stick,
    and MagicGate™ Memory Stick®
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=303627&pfp=srch1

    I suppose so...

    I have two webcams (two x logitech express) - for whatever reason - and
    they don't conflict at all.
    if the logitech camera software, you just choose which one you want to take
    pictures from.

    "Bpt22" <Bpt22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

    I recently purchased a Dell XPS. When I hooked my cm up it works great
    through the icon and program but can't get to display in msn messenger or web
    video. any solutions or aideas how to fix?

    "Bpt22" wrote:

    > is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

Microsoft Cameras Windows XP