is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

Malke

Bpt22 wrote:

> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
when you want to work with the pictures.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Yes.

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bpt22 wrote:
>
>> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
>
> Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
> They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
> and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
> when you want to work with the pictures.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for something
you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

Malke

Edward W. Thompson wrote:

> "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Bpt22 wrote:
>>
>>> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
>>
>> Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
>> They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around
>> $30usd) and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up
>> its battery when you want to work with the pictures.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic"
>
> These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for
> something you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

YMMV. I need one. I don't like to leave my camera on, using up its
battery while getting the pictures. I don't like to install unnecessary
camera drivers and software which are sometimes iffy. I also do data
retrieval of camera memory cards for clients. So actually I *do* need a
card reader and the $30 was well worth it. If you don't want to buy a
card reader, that's your choice.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Edward W. Thompson wrote:

> These card readers are a totally unnecessary expense. US$30 for
> something you don't need sounds very expensive to me.

Sorry for the double post, but there's another good reason to use card
readers: sharing pictures with others. When I visited my family back
East, we all had different digital cameras and of course were busy
taking pictures. We hooked up a multi-type card reader to one of our
laptops and were able to look at everybody's pictures without needing
to install anything on the laptop.

But of course, YMMV. I don't sell card readers or have stock in any
companies that make them, so the suggestion to the OP was just that; a
suggestion for something that works well for me.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Can't imagine `not having a card reader. Never ever have I done a camera
to pc transfer. Only thing I've hooked a cord to camera's for is upgrading
firmware. Usually so they would take bigger mem cards.

so the answer is yes. see,i have a camera,and my kids have another.they
upload their photos for all their friends,and I prefer not to have to look at
their silly stuff.
reason i asked we installed software for 2 different brand cameras on a 98
box and it crashed.

lem

Malke wrote:

> Bpt22 wrote:
>

>>is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?
>

> Yes, but what works even better is to get yourself a usb card reader.
> They are inexpensive (I just bought a 5-in-one Lexar for around $30usd)
> and then you don't need to have your camera on and using up its battery
> when you want to work with the pictures.
>
> Malke

Belkin F5U248 8-in-1 USB 2.0 reader & writer, New $24.99 from CompUSA:
Works with 8 types of media: CompactFlash I, CompactFlash II,
SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MultiMedia, IBM Microdrive, Memory Stick,
and MagicGate™ Memory Stick®
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=303627&pfp=srch1

I suppose so...

I have two webcams (two x logitech express) - for whatever reason - and
they don't conflict at all.
if the logitech camera software, you just choose which one you want to take
pictures from.

"Bpt22" <Bpt22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to install two different digital cameras in XP?

bill

I recently purchased a Dell XPS. When I hooked my cm up it works great
through the icon and program but can't get to display in msn messenger or web
video. any solutions or aideas how to fix?