I've just got more into using 2mm in DBM (theres a good article at the
Irregular miniatures website) and have to agree with all the good
points, a DBM army for about £4 (about $7) instead of £30 or so in
15mm, terrain is equally cheap (a village for 50p).

Plus you don't need a shoe box to keep them in and painting is very
easy and quick, no worry about details and the end result looks like a
big army. Battles can be fought on a coffee table or with more
strategic thought on a normal table.

Theres only a downside if your picky about the ID of troops your
facing, but to me a real General is not going to be certain about
enemy troops anyway, part of the uncertainty and fog of war.

So why don't more people use 2mm figures? I'm getting more enthused
about the possibilities!

> So why don't more people use 2mm figures? I'm getting more enthused
> about the possibilities!

Have a look at the 2mm Yahoo group (search on 2mm), you'll find lots of
fellow enthusiasts there.

I recently bought 2mm armies for Horse Foot and Guns (HFG - draft rules from
Phil Barker) to play 18th Century games.

Malc