Keyboard and mouse quit responding in d3

alwayskashed

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Ive recently built a new machine about a month or two ago and I have been having an issue within the last couple of weeks where when im playing d3 the keyboard and mouse will quit responding. They both still receive power as the lights are on. Then once you restart everything will work and start playing again it could work for 10 seconds or 6 hours before it quits responding and you have to restart again.

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb controllers, ive updated the motherboard chipset. Ive also tried switching usb ports. I also have this combo hooked up to a kvm switch and when it quits responding I can flip over to the other computer and it will work fine. So that leads me to believe its a software or driver issue but as far as I know ive already reinstalled everything.

Go into the power profiles,
set standby, hibernate and sleep to OFF
leave the monitor standby ON, that's OK
Set the Hard Drive standby to NEVER
Set system Performance to MAXIMUM, not "quiet mode."

Open the bios set up and make sure "cool and quiet" is OFF.

Now open the device manager profiles...
click start
click computer
click system properties
click device manager
double click on mice and other pointing devices
right click on HID compliant mouse
left click on properties
click on the power management tab
UN-check the box that says: "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." (there is now NO check mark in this box)
click OK

Now repeat this procedure for all mice, keyboards, and ALL USB ports on the device manager list.

You must open ALL the devices one at a time, as above, and turn off the power saver, for each device.

The computer is turning off your mouse, keyboard, USB ports, to save power...
It's a bug in the OS set up.

alwayskashed

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
The system never goes into standby, and ive turned off the power saving feature on the usb ports about a week ago. Also how can it be a power saving feature when this problem has literally happened 3 minutes after ive restarted the computer and its always while im using the computer. Never when its just sitting there.