X-fi Titanium + Vista (64) not recognizing

NagashPT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Hello everyone, sorry to bother you but this has been on my nerves for some days now! I will explain the issue in due order..

After Installing the soundcard on it's proper PCI slot, I booted my computer up and windows vista naturally detected, tried to install drivers (which I cancelled), and proceeded to install the drivers bundled in the CD.
During the installation, I noticed windows vista had in fact detected my sound card, as it showed on my list of available sound cards / etc. After installation, I was told to reboot, however, right after windows started again, no sound card was found. It simply disappeared from the list of available sound cards (playback and otherwise) and is nowhere to be found. Rebooted several times, tried to remove and place it back in, even repaired with repair tool contained in the cd, nothing works, vista fails to detect everything.

My computer spec is as follows:

EVGA NFORCE 790i ULTRA 3-WAY SLI DDR3 SOCKET 775
CORE 2 QUAD Q9550 2.83GHZ FSB1333 12MB CACHE 45NM OEM
2 X EVGA GTX 280 1GB GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 -N1280
4GB GSKILL DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz HK SERIES DC (2x2GB)
Windows Vista SP1 64 Bits (fully up to date on patches)

Can anyone help me with this issue, or knows a way to fix it? Thank you in advance.

NagashPT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
PS: The forum is not allowing me to post on the proper section, nor does it allow me to edit it. It says: you must select a subcategory first, when I have already done so. Could a mod please move this message to its proper forum? Thank you and sorry for the incovencience

kzVegas

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Try rebooting and hitting F8 right after the BIOS finishes displaying its messages. Use "Restore last known good configuration" and let the system do its thing. Hopefully, Windows will recognize your audio card and let it install its (Windows/Microsoft) drivers. I have a similar system configuration except I'm using a PCIe version of the card. What I found is that after Windows installs its own drivers you'll need to download the latest 64-bit Vista drivers from soundblaster.com and 1st uninstall the MS/Windows drivers (don't reboot) and install the latest drivers from creative, then reboot.