Laptops & Keyboards

son1ka

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2005
Hi

My wife has an Dell Inspiron 5100 and intends to work from home usin it a great deal. Obviously, these things have pretty naff keyboards for extended use, and I bought her a Logitech PS/2 keyboard plus a PS/2-to-USB convertor so that the thing could plug into her USB hub.

I`ve installed the drivers, plugged it into the hub, under the kb tab in the Control Panel it shows the Logitech as being installed yet whenever I/she types onto the keyboard XP pops up a message that says an Unknown Device is being accessed.

Am I being thick (probly yes) but isnt just a matter of installin the drivers and pluggin it in? Is there somethion i need to enable or tick in Windows so that the kb can be used?

Any ideas?

Thanks

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Which keyboard is it exactly?
XP should have all the drivers it needs for it but who knows. You might have to install that itouch software that logitech stuff uses :(

If you are using a usb hub have you tried using it w/o the hub? Just directly connecting it to the pc?

It "should" be a simple as plugging it in. Computers always have a way of getting on your nerves :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>