Samsung 226bw Blurry Text

1cor9_24

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I recently bought the Samsung 226bw and am using it with my Sony Vaio FZ140E laptop as an external monitor. Regardless of the resolution, the text is blurry on the Samsung (but still fine on my laptop screen).

I spent two hours on the phone with Samsung and Sony. Samsung said that some Sony laptops have issues with Samsung monitors. Sony agreed but said that my laptop model was not one of them. We did troubleshooting forever and came up blank. The Sony rep suggested my laptop video card couldn't handle the monitor.

I have already tried Clear Type and Standard with no luck. If I turn my "Sharpness" to the highest level on the Samsung, it starts to look somewhat clear but it is still pretty bad.

I am hooking it up with VGA hook-ups and my graphics card is an Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset (not the greatest, I know) and I am running Windows Vista Home Premium edition.

Any suggestions?

danstemp

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Same issue with Dell XPS with Nividia Geforce 8400M GS. Samsung 2253BW is blurry and I have tried everything. Other monitors work fine and the Samsung works with other laptops.

TRENDING THREADS