Need Recomendations For LCD Monitor. *please*

Enygma

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
Well, it is time for me to get a new monitor, (I currently use a Sony SDM-X73 LCD) I have been reading reviews, and looking at specs till my eyes bleed lol.

Some sites love the ViewSonic, some the Hyundai,others, Samsung, still others Dell.

I would actually love to have a widescreen, but have not found any I like. I did check out the DellFPW2005, which always has all those coupons, but it has a very odd aspect ratio, which concerns me. Plus all the complaints about the backlight bleeding, and the non-sealed screen.

My other concern going up to a 19" is that for it to truly be a 4X3 picture it should be 1600X1200... Yet almost all I see are 1280.

So, I would really appreciate any input on what the people here consider some of the best 19" LCD monitors out there right now, and or their real world feelings on the Dell 2005FPW *which I just let one of their deals go by again sigh*

I would be using it for gaming, and watching DVD's, as well as more mundane tasks.

Thank you very much.
:)

<i>I Never Use Signatures.</i>

Enygma

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
Yes I know it has a 12ms response time. However, there are so, so many threads on the Net about how it has a backlight bleeding issue. Not only on the screen itself, but also bleeding out from the case itself (panel not sealed) Which of course worries me.

While I have not ruled the 2005FPW out, besides that monitor, what other ones would anyone suggest??

* As for its deal... I missed it. Last deal on the 2005FPW died 3 days ago.

Enygma

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
Well, that really doesn't address my concerns though. I mean if it does indeed have a backlight issue, then no returning will help.

ems4you2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2005
Hi I was in the same situation as you only a week ago. I wanted to get a nice 19" for gaming and movies. I play a lot of FPS games.

I decided to go with this baby
Samsung Syncmaster 930b

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7030036&type=product&id=1099394930415

8ms response time
700:1 contrast
1280 x 1024 maximum resolution at 75Hz

I didnt see a whole lot of reviews on this one but got based on a friend recommendation. I definitely recommend it. Its bright, fast, and just a joy to have.

The drawbacks are that the stand is kind of cheap looking and black plastic. Also, you cant adjust the height; you can only adjust the tilt on the panel. I was concerned at first but when you're sitting at your desk its not a big deal

TRENDING THREADS