Security Icon

Hi,
The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC. Is
this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was on.
Thanks,
Marsha
3 answers Last reply
More about security icon

    When it does show up then you have a problem.
    It was designed to show up to alert you to problems when they occur
    peterk

    the problem
    "Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC.
    > Is
    > this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was
    > on.
    > Thanks,
    > Marsha

    I must have had a problem from the time it was installed since it has
    always showed up in my system tray. I thought it was suppose to be there.
    I appreciated your quick response.
    Thanks

    "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    | When it does show up then you have a problem.
    | It was designed to show up to alert you to problems when they occur
    | peterk
    |
    | --
    | It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    about
    | the problem
    | "Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
    | > Hi,
    | > The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC.
    | > Is
    | > this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was
    | > on.
    | > Thanks,
    | > Marsha

    Some general reading on the Security Center which may or may not be of interest?

    Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883792

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wscintro.mspx
    Manage Your Computer's Security Settings in One Place

    >I must have had a problem from the time it was installed since it has
    > always showed up in my system tray. I thought it was suppose to be there.
    > I appreciated your quick response.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > | When it does show up then you have a problem.
    > | It was designed to show up to alert you to problems when they occur
    > | peterk
    > |
    > | --
    > | It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    > about
    > | the problem
    > | "Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
    > | > Hi,
    > | > The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC.
    > | > Is
    > | > this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was
    > | > on.
    > | > Thanks,
    > | > Marsha

Security Windows Security Windows XP