Security Icon

Hi,
The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC. Is
this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was on.
Thanks,
Marsha

When it does show up then you have a problem.
It was designed to show up to alert you to problems when they occur
peterk

the problem
"Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC.
> Is
> this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was
> on.
> Thanks,
> Marsha

I must have had a problem from the time it was installed since it has
always showed up in my system tray. I thought it was suppose to be there.
I appreciated your quick response.
Thanks

"peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
| When it does show up then you have a problem.
| It was designed to show up to alert you to problems when they occur
| peterk
|
| --
| It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
about
| the problem
| "Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| > The Windows Security Icon does not always show up when I start up my PC.
| > Is
| > this a problem? When I looked at it in Control Panel I could see it was
| > on.
| > Thanks,
| > Marsha

Some general reading on the Security Center which may or may not be of interest?

Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883792

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wscintro.mspx
Manage Your Computer's Security Settings in One Place