Best memory under $250?

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
I am considering upgrading the memory in my computer. I want to have 2x512 MB for the dual-channel board.

What is the best memory (PC-3200 or higher) for under $250 per Gig?

I am currently considering this ram:
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-033&depa=1" target="_new"> Patriot Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology - Retail </A>

I do not currently overclock, but I may in the future.
Thanks for your help.

Current setup:
Intel P4 2.8C
Asus P4P800
2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500

JustysRule

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2004
If you aren't overclocking, you might as well go with the version without the xbl, it has the same timings, is 40 bucks cheaper, and still can be overclocked to over 240mhz if you drop the timings some.

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I currently have the Patriot 1GB Kit the LL stuff with the 2-3-2-5 and it runs great. I haven't tried OC'ing it yet, but from what I've heard it will OC very good.

RichPLS

Champion
XBL means "eXtreme Bandwidth and Latency" and looks like the better choice if you ever wish to test the system capabilities.
You only have on shot at getting it, so why not? Better to have it than regret not having it...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
I have not tried Patriot memory, I have Corsair XMS Pro 3200 2-2-2-5, but from the reviews and specs, I would say that for the money Patriot memory is the best you can buy.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>