Sign in with
Your question

Best Sweet Spot Monitor?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 9, 2007 11:03:41 PM

I'm looking for a monitor thats between $200 & $300.

I want it to be pretty good in everything, games / watching movies etc.

Preferably, 17" to 22"

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. Thanks Storm~

More about : sweet spot monitor

December 10, 2007 5:38:12 AM

A very recommended 22" monitor, a monitor i'm buying in the next couple of days is the Samsung 226BW.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096

And believe me, i've done extensive research in the field, read endless reviews and benchmarks.

Everyone wants the perfect monitor for gaming, fast response time, high contrast, rich color, etc...

This is as close as it gets in that price range.
December 11, 2007 2:20:55 AM

If you could post why this one beats everything else , its advantages over everything else and why it's the best bang for the buck basically, id really be appreciated.

If I could get some more opinions and suggestions from more people, also would be very appreciated. Thanks allot Storm~
Related resources
a c 195 C Monitor
December 12, 2007 1:11:12 AM

Here are a couple of links that reviews 22" LCD monitors:

22 inch LCD monitors: The second coming!

See page 6 for a summary as to why many people recommend the Samsung 226BW. One word of warning, the monitor reviewed uses the "S-panel" made by Samsung. There are at least three different panels used to make this monitor and it is no longer possible to determine which panel your monitor uses unless you are willing to rip apart the monitor. The "A-panel" is considered to be good, but not as good as the "S-panel". The "C-panel" is considered the worst. There are rumors of a "P or T-panel".

Here's the second review article:

22 inch LCD monitors: the 3rd wave!

Personally, I hate 22" monitors because they use the inferior TN panel technology, so I will not make a recommendation.
December 12, 2007 9:35:28 PM

Interesting article but unfortunately the current price (in Finland) is near and even above 350e (outrageously spendy 500$) for these screens. I'm interested in a 22" screen but can't buy any of the tested screens. My options a.re something like Acer x223w, x221wa, FJ L22-w5, or Samsung vw222s, Benq T221wa. If you are bored check out <a href="http://www.pixmania.com/fi/fi/11124/xx/xx/1899/9/criter...">pixmania's selection 22"</a> and make a suggestion. I am hoping to spend 200-250euros.
December 12, 2007 9:45:31 PM

Sorry I mangled that one. The screens in the article were pretty spendy, but here is the link...
I am hoping to spend 200-250euros. It'd be nice to get a 22" screen for the extra space, rather then a 20".
So if anyone is in the same situation and knows which is the better option, or is bored check out these screens.

http://www.pixmania.com/fi/fi/11124/xx/xx/1899/9/criter...
December 13, 2007 10:43:22 PM

@ jaguarskx

Is there any monitors you would recommend between 17" - 24" / $250-$350 bucks? Doesn't have to be 22"...

Thanks very much Storm~
December 17, 2007 9:47:13 PM

@ jaguarskx

Got any comments or suggestions jaguarskx ??

Thanks very much Storm~
a c 195 C Monitor
December 18, 2007 8:01:59 AM

Well, I generally prefer higher end monitors 'cause they provide better quality.

$350 for a 24" LCD to me is like scrapping the barrel, but you might want to consider the:

Westinghouse L2410NM Glossy Black 24" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 500 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - It's selling for $349 after a $50 mail-in rebate. It got lots of good user reviews and it has a glossy finish. It uses an 8-bit S-PVA panel which can actually produce 16.7 million colors. Generally, that means better color accuracy, viewing angles and black levels, but response time is 8ms.

Just about everyone will tell you that the 22" Samsung 226bw is the best gaming monitor, but there is a catch. At least 3 different panels are used to make this product. In order of quality that would be S, A, C. Everyone has high praises for the S panel, the A panel is consider good, and C panel = crap. They only to tell which one you have is to rip apart the monitor and look at the serial number of the LCD panel itself. The rumor is that they recently "introduced" the P panel version. Despite these issues, it is still a top seller. The Samsung 226bw is selling for $270 @ Newegg.com after a $40 mail-in rebate.

Based on the articles I previously link, "22 inch LCD monitors: the 3rd wave!", the best monitor is the Iiyama ProLite E2201W. Not sure if they sell it in the US.

The ViewSonic Graphic Series VG2230wm Black 22" seems to be a good alternative if you don't want to deal with the Samsung's panel lottery. It's selling for $290.

December 29, 2007 1:57:25 PM

I guess they are sold out of that Mirai...
!