Windows Server 2003 & VSS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is there a specific issue when using VSS (Volume Shadow Copy) with Windows
Server 2003? I've been developing a custom backup solution using the VSS API
and the IVssBackupComponents::GatherWriterMetadata() always returns
0x80070057, which I think is E_INVALIDARG. This code works fine under
Windows XP AND the API is implemented correctly as far as I can tell. It
just refuses to work.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

- Lloyd K

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:10:50 +0100, "Lloyd Kinsella"
<lloyd@workshell.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there a specific issue when using VSS (Volume Shadow Copy) with Windows
>Server 2003? I've been developing a custom backup solution using the VSS API
>and the IVssBackupComponents::GatherWriterMetadata() always returns
>0x80070057, which I think is E_INVALIDARG. This code works fine under
>Windows XP AND the API is implemented correctly as far as I can tell. It
>just refuses to work.
>
>Thoughts and suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>
>- Lloyd K

Here's my suggestion: Ask in a 2003 Server group. This is not an XP
issue now, is it?