Another DVD burner failing...

mweng407

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Hello, I know there has been tons of posts about DVD burners failing, but I couldn't find one that applies to my brand. Anyways, I have a Samsung TS-H552B DVD Burner drive and I've been trying to backup data onto Memorex Printable DVD+R 8x DVDs. So far, all five discs that I've tried have failed, and between those, I've tried writing at lower speeds, changing "High Compatibility" mode to off, and getting rid of verification. These discs come at $1.25 each, and I'm bent on making the next DVD to write successfully. Only success I've ever had with this burner was writing an image to a Sony DVD+R 4x disc, which was written before all these failed ones. Please help and thanks in advance.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Have you ever had a successful write to these Memorex Printable DVD+R 8x DVDs? If not, it could be that your writer just doesn't like them.

Have you tried to write to any more of the Sony disks? My rule of thumb has always been to find a brand that works and stick with it. Most of my movie backups are on Ritek G04s DVD-RW with either NEC or LiteOn drives. Another thing to try if you can get one is a -RW instead of a +RW.

There are also much better deals on media than $1.25 each...once you know what you need.

....WW (5.0)