Solved

Is it a bad idea to disable The Blue Screen Of Death or BSOD

Tags:
  • Video
  • Blue Screen
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 18, 2012 9:11:11 PM

I started using duel montors and I was getting tired of my OS restarting automatically when I am not home or away for a small amount of time......I saw a video on how to stop this from happening by disabling the restarting feature for windows when the PC :pt1cable:  crashes. But I am not sure if this is going to hurt my PC....any guesses on wither I should do this or not?

More about : bad idea disable blue screen death bsod

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2012 9:18:07 PM

System will just stop on the blue screen and will require a manual shutdown. Other than that it won't hurt a thing.
a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2012 9:18:45 PM

You cannot disable the BSOD... it is an error message from the operating system, all you can do is "disable" the problems that are causing the BSOD.

And yes, what Bubblehead described is correct.
m
l
Related resources
September 18, 2012 9:48:32 PM

so my pc will become non responsive and will not work until I unplug it?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2012 9:55:05 PM

xbob627 said:
so my pc will become non responsive and will not work until I unplug it?

Hi :) 

If you disable automatic restart it will still sit there on the blue screen...FOREVER.... all you are doing is stopping it restarting...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 18, 2012 9:58:30 PM

By the way, stopping it from automatically rebooting can be very useful as it allows you time to write down the error message and number that caused the BSOD.

You can then research that error online for information that may hopefully be useful in troubleshooting the cause of the crash.
m
l
September 28, 2012 12:59:46 AM

Best answer selected by Xbob627.
m
l
!