world of warcraft restarting

i have recently upgrade my graphics card and it has been running very well
for a while until the last few days where it restarts by itself whenever i
run world of warcraft, and by restarting i mean the screen going all black
and starting over (as if i pressed the restart button on my machine). now, i
have tried everything i can think of to solve this problem, but none of them
worked. i tried upgrading my ram, defraging my discs, setting my graphics
card and in game resolution to full performance instead of quality, disabling
the 'restart if error occurs' function, and probably some other stuff that i
forgot. my computer seems to run fine if i dont run any games (it is even
restarting if i play warcraft 3). my system specs are:

pentium 4 2.8GHZ
1GB DDR ram
ATI radeon 9550

thx.
2 answers Last reply
More about world warcraft restarting

    Hi Jeff,

    Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
    errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

    Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
    I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :-)

    1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
    For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
    Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

    2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
    and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
    Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
    heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
    Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

    3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
    and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
    wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
    http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

    4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6793C7B-0C29-41EF-96D8-296CD81D8F7A@microsoft.com...
    |i have recently upgrade my graphics card and it has been running very well
    | for a while until the last few days where it restarts by itself whenever i
    | run world of warcraft, and by restarting i mean the screen going all black
    | and starting over (as if i pressed the restart button on my machine). now, i
    | have tried everything i can think of to solve this problem, but none of them
    | worked. i tried upgrading my ram, defraging my discs, setting my graphics
    | card and in game resolution to full performance instead of quality, disabling
    | the 'restart if error occurs' function, and probably some other stuff that i
    | forgot. my computer seems to run fine if i dont run any games (it is even
    | restarting if i play warcraft 3). my system specs are:
    |
    | pentium 4 2.8GHZ
    | 1GB DDR ram
    | ATI radeon 9550
    |
    | thx.

    Don't know if this will help or not. I checked out the worldofwarcraft.com
    website under their tech support section. Other people have had this problem
    and it doesn't look like blizzard has helped resolve the issue. One person
    on there did mention he had the same problem start after he installed a
    patch for the game. Going back through his log file he found that the patch
    replaced three files. He reinstalled service pack 2 to get those files back
    and then the game stopped having this problem.

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support

    That's the link to their tech support page. I only looked at the first three
    pages. They have about 413 pages of posted problems if you want to browse
    further. Who knows, somebody may have figured it out.

    "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have recently upgrade my graphics card and it has been running very well
    > for a while until the last few days where it restarts by itself whenever i
    > run world of warcraft, and by restarting i mean the screen going all black
    > and starting over (as if i pressed the restart button on my machine). now,
    > have tried everything i can think of to solve this problem, but none of
    > them
    > worked. i tried upgrading my ram, defraging my discs, setting my graphics
    > card and in game resolution to full performance instead of quality,
    > disabling
    > the 'restart if error occurs' function, and probably some other stuff that
    > forgot. my computer seems to run fine if i dont run any games (it is even
    > restarting if i play warcraft 3). my system specs are:
    >
    > pentium 4 2.8GHZ
    > 1GB DDR ram
    > ATI radeon 9550
    >
    > thx.