Black Screen On Startup

terrypmarshall

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I have a Packard Bell Easynote ARC21.

My brother, who thinks he is a computer genius, changed my bios/cmos settings (you know, the ones where you press an 'F' key on startup.). He changed the settings for what i presume were graphic card overclocking and something about 10% voltage or something along those lines.

The computer was rebooted and now all i get is a black screen, as in, the monitor does not switch on at boot. the lights for HD lights on aswell as the power light and i can hear the fan spinning and the HD whirrs for a bit.

I have read a few forums and havent seen anything like a problem the same as mine. I tried to reset the CMOS by taking out the watch-type battery and then replacing it as some forums have suggested hoping that this would solve the problem. No it didnt. Still the blank screen.

This is really pickling my head so please help me. Any advice at all will be fully appreciated. thanks.

G

jamesie here, try turn off, then on, soon as you can press f8 on the verry first screen, then using the arrow keys go to run windows as normal or run windows when it last worked. these oppions are there and then press enter, then your computer will start as normall. but! remember to press f8 before anything ells.

G

yes then you can choose to start windows from variaouse starts.

robjohnston

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
It wont be F8 to enter the BIOS, F8 will load the O/S boot menu. Its usually F2 with Packard Bell units to load the BIOS. However this is no good if the screen is totally dead. As this is a laptop i would recommend you remove the power lead and the battery, then hold down the power button for ten seconds. This will do a power drain. Now try booting? Does it work?

If no then if you have a spare monitor, attach that to the VGA output and boot the laptop up. Do you see a display on the monitor? If yes then tap F2 to boot into the BIOS. Once in the BIOS you will see one of the F keys listed along the bottom to "load system defaults". Press the appropriate F key, then save and exit [which is usually F10].

Hope this helps.

G

Hello my name is terry .

i have a packard bell argo c . and my screen doesn't work , ????? when i start my pc. my screen stays black , i cant see the start up logo ore anything els . its just black , what do i need to do ?? ,

Ease4u

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hey there

I have same problem as terrypmarshal. terrypmarshal if u rectified it than kindly do guide me bec i have done all mentioned things but not getting the result hope u guys can help .