Opinions on New Wave, Inc.

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2004 12:25:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
What has been others experience with this company?

EK

More about : opinions wave

Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:46:56 AM

"Eric Kent Kessler" <ekessler@velocity.net> wrote in message
> I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> What has been others experience with this company?

I've never dealt with them and probably never will. If you go to:

http://theminiaturespage.com

and take a walk through the Consumer Affairs message board, you'll find that
many wargamers have posted about their experiences with New Wave.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 2:33:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

> > I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> > regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> > credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> > speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> > What has been others experience with this company?
>
> I've never dealt with them and probably never will. If you go to:
> http://theminiaturespage.com
> and take a walk through the Consumer Affairs message board, you'll find
that
> many wargamers have posted about their experiences with New Wave.

Here is the New Wave page from the Atlanta Better Business Bureau:
http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=600...

"Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the
Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s)."

Dean
June 22, 2004 3:34:24 AM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Irv Horowitz wrote:

> "Eric Kent Kessler" <ekessler@velocity.net> wrote in message
> > I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> > regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> > credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> > speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> > What has been others experience with this company?
>
> I've never dealt with them and probably never will. If you go to:
>
> http://theminiaturespage.com
>
> and take a walk through the Consumer Affairs message board, you'll find that
> many wargamers have posted about their experiences with New Wave.

TMP actually has a link off New Wave's entry on the Manufacturer's Lists,
which sorts out all the New Wave threads:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/tp_search.mv?sterm=...

Not a company I'd go anywhere near, from the sound of it.

Brian.
June 22, 2004 9:15:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

"Eric Kent Kessler" <ekessler@velocity.net> wrote in message
> I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> What has been others experience with this company?

Eric --

Complain to your credit card company and see if they will reverse the
charges. Then avoid these folks in the future. Good luck.

--Ty
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 4:18:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

Well, I am never going to purchase from them!

Eric Kent Kessler wrote:

> I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> What has been others experience with this company?
>
> EK
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 6:27:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

Do a search on this company on practically any miniatures forum on the web.
Their record of bad business is long and well documented. Check the Better
Business Bureau report on New Wave (Atlanta area) and you will see that
complaints are frequent and unresolved.

"Eric Kent Kessler" <ekessler@velocity.net> wrote in message
> I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> What has been others experience with this company?
>

> EK

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 1:46:49 AM

Universally bad. I have even seen statistics of the number of disputes they
are involved in and your chances are not good.

Ah, well a lesson learned.

--
Justin Taylor
justin@hellou2.fsnet.co.uk

"Ty" <tbeardSPAM@tyler.net> wrote in message
> "Eric Kent Kessler" <ekessler@velocity.net> wrote in message
> > I am in the midst of trying to resolve a dispute with this company in
> > regard to an order of miniatures and dice. The company charged my
> > credit card on 4/21 and I have yet to receive the merchandise despite
> > speaking to a woman on the phone and leaving three voicemail messages.
> > What has been others experience with this company?
>
> Eric --
>
> Complain to your credit card company and see if they will reverse the
> charges. Then avoid these folks in the future. Good luck.
>
> --Ty

Thats actually the best process, but the actual statement is to tell your
credit company that you want to put the charge into dispute, giving the
history.

Typically at that point the credit company will tell the supplier its in
dispute and if it isnt resolved ASAP they will debit their accouintreverse
the credit they have given to the company, and work with you to see if you
get the goods (at this stage they do not credit it back to you). If after a
period of time you have not received any satisfaction then you might get the
credit. Although I do find that on two occassions I did this I got the
goods PDQ, the other time I got my money back even from the credit card
company, but it took a few months!
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 1:10:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

A copy of the Better Business report included with that should help as well.

--
Justin Taylor
justin@hellou2.fsnet.co.uk

Old topic. Same news.