I need some trucks for 15mm WWII. The rules I plan to use, Blitzkrieg
Commander, use 1 truck for every infantry stand. These trucks get
picked up at the point that they drop off the infantry.

I may at some point do a bunch of trucks. What I want to do right now
is come up with some stands about the size of the infantry base that
has an overhead graphic of a truck on it.

Now, I know I could just write TRUCK on a piece of cardboard, but this
at least gives me the illusion that I am miniature gaming. (yes, the
rest of the figures are going to be painted and based)

So I am looking for an overhead graphic of a WWII truck that I can
reproduce and resize and make my pathetic little truck counters. :)

Anyone have anything like that, or know where I can download one?

Bill McHarg

ty

"Bill McHarg" <wmcharg@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I need some trucks for 15mm WWII. The rules I plan to use, Blitzkrieg
> Commander, use 1 truck for every infantry stand. These trucks get
> picked up at the point that they drop off the infantry.

Bill --

Check out the Hot Wheels and Matchbox sections of your local Wal-Mart, Toys
Are Us, etc. I found some cheap trucks there once before.

--Ty

"Bill McHarg" <wmcharg@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I need some trucks for 15mm WWII. The rules I plan to use, Blitzkrieg
> Commander, use 1 truck for every infantry stand. These trucks get
> picked up at the point that they drop off the infantry.

In 15mm you'd be better off just using say one truck per company to mark the
stands as 'mounted' rather than buying a heap of trucks which are not going
to stay on the table more than a couple of turns. Who rides trucks into
combat anyway? In WW2 it was much more common to dismount a safe distance
away (ie up to 3km away) and then march the rest of the way....

{snippity}
> So I am looking for an overhead graphic of a WWII truck that I can
> reproduce and resize and make my pathetic little truck counters. :)

You want Tom Mouats map symbols - various military images as Truetype fonts:

http://www.mapsymbs.com/

including WW2 vehicle outlines - not overhead views but they'll do the job.

Cheers
Martin

Bill,
That's a great idea. Now then, since you moved to the Kansas City area, we
still miss you at our gaming tables in Denver. Could you have somebody take
a picture of you and ....well, it was a good idea for the trucks!!
See ya sometime,
John Mumby

One way to tackle the truck question in 3D is to seek out a relatively new
company called Swiss Army Games. They sometimes have posts on ebay. Lately
they have had several diorama like posts there, like a German HQ with a few
trucks, a KWagen, a HTrack and a tented command area.

SAG makes everything in resin and their stuff is about as inexpensive as
I've seen. Some of their stuff seems a bit out of proportion, but a lot of
it is quite good. I'd order a prototype of anything before buying mass
quantities. You could probably get trucks from them with a primer coat on
for about $3-$4 each, especially if ordered in quantity.

If you are coming to Historicon, they often have a booth. I have a little
handout with their email somewhere, of course, now I can't find it. Email
me, I'll send you the info when it turns up.

kp

Bill McHarg <wmcharg@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I need some trucks for 15mm WWII. The rules I plan to use, Blitzkrieg
> Commander, use 1 truck for every infantry stand. These trucks get
> picked up at the point that they drop off the infantry.
>
> I may at some point do a bunch of trucks. What I want to do right now
> is come up with some stands about the size of the infantry base that
> has an overhead graphic of a truck on it.
>
> Now, I know I could just write TRUCK on a piece of cardboard, but this
> at least gives me the illusion that I am miniature gaming. (yes, the
> rest of the figures are going to be painted and based)
>
> So I am looking for an overhead graphic of a WWII truck that I can
> reproduce and resize and make my pathetic little truck counters. :)
>
> Anyone have anything like that, or know where I can download one?
>
> Bill McHarg

Bill. Still have the old Panzer, Armor, 88 from Yaquinto? I believe there were
some top-down views of a truck printed on the data cards. You could blow them
up (graphically) on a copier to twice the size (or so) and come real close to
what you need.

Hope that helps!

best,
Tom Dye
GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349

Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!

Bill
Take some trucks down to kinkos and photo copy them all at once. cut and paste.
Rick

ty

> "Bill McHarg" <wmcharg@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > I need some trucks for 15mm WWII. The rules I plan to use, Blitzkrieg
> > Commander, use 1 truck for every infantry stand. These trucks get
> > picked up at the point that they drop off the infantry.
>
> Bill --

Bill --

This *might* be of some use. Find someone that has a copy of Car Wars. There
were hundreds of color counters produced for the game (N-Scale) including a
Tanks supplement. They could be blown up on a color copier if suitable.

Clip art could be used -- use a paint program to remove what you want,
re-size it and print it out on cardstock.

Here's some b&w 3/4 views of an army trucks:
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/cliparmy/07c-01b.htm ;
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/cliparmy/7-30c.htm ;
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/cliparmy/7-30d.htm \

This site has a bunch of trucks (mostly 3/4 views):
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/cliparmy.htm

Color Images

This is a view of a Roco Soviet truck model:
http://www.roco.com/prodDetails.aspx?item=1271
Opel-Blitz: http://www.roco.com/prodDetails.aspx?item=370
M35A2 http://www.roco.com/prodDetails.aspx?item=484
Nice side shot of Opel Blitz model