Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Refill Samsung ML-2010 toner cartridge

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 17, 2007 1:33:50 AM

Please tell me how to refill toner in samsung ML-2010 Laser printer and plz. don't suggest me to buy a new cartridge, as it is costly while refilling is cheap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
December 22, 2008 8:18:52 PM

There's a round toner cap hidden inside the side panel of the cartridge. Looking at the cartridge with the foldable handle facing you (the green drum side facing away), go to the right side and remove 2 screws. Slide that cover off along the post that protrudes out a bit. Under that cover, look for a round plug the size of a nickel. If you have strong fingernails you can slowly pry it out. Otherwise use something like a credit card to wedge it out. A metal screwdriver can gouge the plastic, so be careful. Once the plug is off, pour in toner w/ a funnel. Easy!
June 12, 2009 2:39:03 AM

peas said:
There's a round toner cap hidden inside the side panel of the cartridge. Looking at the cartridge with the foldable handle facing you (the green drum side facing away), go to the right side and remove 2 screws. Slide that cover off along the post that protrudes out a bit. Under that cover, look for a round plug the size of a nickel. If you have strong fingernails you can slowly pry it out. Otherwise use something like a credit card to wedge it out. A metal screwdriver can gouge the plastic, so be careful. Once the plug is off, pour in toner w/ a funnel. Easy!

Thank you so very much for the clear and easy to follow instructions!! I was able to refill the cartridge without damaging the cap because I used your tip - to use a credit card- I have used tweezers in the past and had toner leak out later on. It's nice to have people like you on the internet :)  Mary
Related resources
July 30, 2009 11:57:59 AM

Thanks for your great solution.. :love: 
October 8, 2009 8:55:08 AM

I believe it has a circular plug recessed on the side of the toner cartridge. Just take it out and look for one. If it has one, all you do is pop that off and pour the refill toner into it with a funnel. Put the plug back in and give it a few shakes from side to side.Then put it back and it will work.
December 2, 2009 5:43:35 AM

Refilling process is same for most of the printer .You have to just make a single hole on the flat side of cartridge.Then take the ink in syringe and after that just insert that syringe in cartridge through that hole.And after that fill the cartridges with ink.Its so simple technique ,you have to take little care while doing this.No big risk associated.
April 13, 2010 1:16:09 AM

peas said:

The above trick will work for Samsung ML-2245 or Brother HL-2140 or HP P1005 ???
Is there any chip on laser printer to stop using refilled cartridges like modern inkjet printers ?
Or just pour the ink and refill the cartridge and ready to go ?
April 14, 2010 1:00:01 AM

Thanks for the reply.
But unfortunately I'm from a remote part of the world(I live near Sundarban just far from Kolkata)
So no online store send their product here.
If they send the shipping charge will be too high may be higher than original cartridge.
But I can get the refill ink easily from the town.
That's why I have asked that question.
April 15, 2010 12:46:25 AM

So,only old Samsung ML-2010 Laser printer refillable not the new laser printers that I have mentioned ?
April 16, 2010 1:25:16 AM

Anyone got the answer ?..........
June 14, 2010 9:11:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!