TealBackup versus Fonts4OS5

Tags:
September 24, 2004 4:31:37 PM

TealPoint have just released TealBackup:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7147

A while ago I tried out various Backup software - BackupBuddyVFS,
BackupMan, and Right Back Up. All three of them had problems doing a
full restore - in particular, Fonts4OS5 got screwed, warning me at every
app switch that it had lost fonts, which I couldn't correct because
Fonts4OS5 itself crashed when I tried to start it.

I'm not in a position to risk the data on my Palm as my 'host' computer
has gone back to the mothership to be revived, again, at last, and I
don't expect to see it working again for a good month or so (see sig,
and google groups). I can't try TealBackup and just Hotsync if it
doesn't work.

Anyone successfully tried (or prepared to try) a trial backup/restore
with TealBackup on a Palm using Fonts4OS5 and a custom font for all
apps?

-z-

--
The iBook saga continues... last updated Thu 23/9/04 (day 59)
Couriers have finally picked up my iBook! Hurrah! It only took five

zoara wrote:

> TealPoint have just released TealBackup:
>
> http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7147
>
> A while ago I tried out various Backup software - BackupBuddyVFS,
> BackupMan, and Right Back Up. All three of them had problems doing a
> full restore - in particular, Fonts4OS5 got screwed, warning me at
> every app switch that it had lost fonts, which I couldn't correct
> because Fonts4OS5 itself crashed when I tried to start it.
>
> I'm not in a position to risk the data on my Palm as my 'host'
> computer has gone back to the mothership to be revived, again, at
> last, and I don't expect to see it working again for a good month or
> so (see sig, and google groups). I can't try TealBackup and just
> Hotsync if it doesn't work.
>
> Anyone successfully tried (or prepared to try) a trial
> backup/restore with TealBackup on a Palm using Fonts4OS5 and a
> custom font for all apps?

I just tried it. Trying to abort the backup right now. It's so SLOW!
Perhaps that's only when encryption is chosen, but I need encryption.
It doesn't honor the Abort button. Looks like I'm going to have to
soft reset to stop it.
!